• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation PTRS Singel round reload and animation.

Nylle

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Sweden
Why can't I reload a singel round into the PTRS? I need to empty the clip/magazine before I can reload.
There is a really neat animation that were created for doing this but it was never put into teh final game.

My point is that I would really like to see this animation be used in-game, if its acually possible to reload the PTRS with a singel round. I don't know because I'm not a weapons expert.

Heres the really sweet animation created by Youtube user 'RedTide81', check it out.
PTRS Reload Animation - YouTube

It's not designed that way. The bolt carrier only holds open on it's own when all rounds are spent. The bolt hold open catch is actuated by the magazine follower which rises sufficiently when the last round is ejected. To reload one round you would have to hold back the bolt carrier by hand while pushing down another round which would be very cumbersome. Also, say that you fired one round. Being that it is semi-automatic it would chamber another cartridge. Say you wanted to add a cartridge of ammunition. Pulling back on the charging handle will eject the cartridge that was just loaded. So you gain nothing by doing this.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick awnser, very informative!
It would be nice if the singel shot At rifle was intruduced to the game, a bit uneccecary but I really liked the way they work. The Germans had a really neat AT rifle too but maby it wasen't invented at the time Stalingrad took place, bummer.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Inteleg omule, dar ziceam sa nu irosim animatia, ca toata lumea vrea arme noi, de ce sa n-o intrebuintam ca pe ceva folositor, adica sa convertesti pur si simplu intr-un skin de PTRD.

NU irosim animatia... pentru ca nu ii chiar perfecta, miscarea maini nu era la fel ca la PTRS. Anyways eu is unul dintre acei oameni care fac tancuri. Planuri is doar muncitori nu sunt... iar jocul acesta ii prea nasol sa faci tancuri :p

We dont wate animations, but that anim isnt suitable for PTRD... because of his hand movement, but it can me "modded" to be usesable for a new PTRD model, but need tanks first of all... or armoured vehs :p

Upvote 0