• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Importing Mass Effect files into SDK

If the Mass Effect games and RO2 are using the same engine, Is it possible to use ME1/2/3 models, textures etc.. with the SDK?

I've seen videos where they were using ME2 files with the UDK, but I don't know how to import extracted ME2 files into SDK, it seems like it doesn't recognize them.

Sry If my english is bad, I'm french :/

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that the EULA in either game forbids you from doing this.
This was brought up in the KF modding section earlier but yeah, I think it's illegal to strip models from a game. Especially when EA is the publisher :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It is done! GSC made its official lawyer-vetted statement:

GSC has made explicit its position regarding the legal status of mods, including the use of its resources with others games. You can find the original under the link below. I am attaching a translation, as well.

http://gsc-game.com/...=6798&sec_id=14

Mods (modifications) of a computer game can be made by a person who has legally acquired a licensed copy of the game and exclusively for the purpose of its use on the hardware belonging to the person performing the modification or persons to whom the modification was given on non-commercial basis (such as freely over the Internet).

This means that the person who makes a mod for a computer game can use this modification exclusively on non-commercial basis.

The author of the mod retains authorship and exclusive rights on the mod. However, the resources used for development of the given mod belong to another person. As such, the mod does not wholly belong to the author of the modification, who does not have full control over it (such as for commercial use).

Our company allows non-commercial use of mods for our computer games. If you want to use mods developed for our games (such as from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series) with another game, you have to turn to that game's developers for permission.

Upvote 0