• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Request: Snowy Vegetation

Nightingale

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
This is a request for any modeler who knows what he's doing and feels like doing the RO2 mapping community a favor to create a set of winter-appropriate vegetation meshes. I would do this myself, but unfortunately I am talentless both as a mapper and a modeler, so to do something like this myself is completely beyond my reach. =(

Conical Snowy Tree (Norway Spruce)
Spoiler!

Snowy Bush
Spoiler!

Sparse Yellow Grass
Spoiler!

Tall Grass
Spoiler!

It would be easy to make materials in the editor as skins for existing models. At least for bushes and grass etc.

This is the way to go with existing meshes.

Make a material that adds a snow overlay texture on stuff based on the direction of the surface normal. As in dot product of 0,0,1 (in world space) and the normal map, clamp to 0-1 range and use that as alpha for linear interpolate node (lerp node). Mix in some kind of noise texture so that the alpha doesn't look too smooth.

Upvote 0
This is the way to go with existing meshes.

Make a material that adds a snow overlay texture on stuff based on the direction of the surface normal. As in dot product of 0,0,1 (in world space) and the normal map, clamp to 0-1 range and use that as alpha for linear interpolate node (lerp node). Mix in some kind of noise texture so that the alpha doesn't look too smooth.
that made my head hurt, just reading it! you guys are underpaid.

Upvote 0