• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best Sweet Spot For Anti-Tank Rifle Shots

I was playing last night and found a perfect sweet spot for anti-tank rifle shots. First I like to hit the treads to anchor the tank but it isn't necessary.

The sweet spot is the driver's window. You have to wait for them to open it. But, most drivers will open it to see where they are going and do so fairly often. A shot in there seems to blow the tank immediately.

I made a video about tank hunting and it shows the shot mentioned. I zoomed the video to give a clear idea of the shot. It is a short, full HD, video of about 3 minutes. In the video I am on the Axis team using the PZB rifle. There is some cross talk from a friend in the background, just ignore it.

Ups & Downs Of Hunting Tanks

Good Vid. I agree that shooting the driver is a weak spot when the hatch is open. It wont kill the tank though. The angle you had on the T-34 in the beginning of the video is not optimal for shooting either tank, but especially the T-34.

Check out this very well done guide by LugNut to killing Tanks with AT Rifles:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416647696

Upvote 0
TY. It did kill the T-34, twice, each after one shot through the open window. It is on the video. So, I will have to disagree with you there.

Maybe I am confused. I saw the kill @1:00 where it shows you head shotted the driver then several seconds later the tank explodes with what appears to be a satchel. You never get a vehicle kill indication in your kill ticker.

Upvote 0
OK I reviewed the raw video. On the first tank, there is no kill credit on the vehicle at all to anyone. Which isn't unusual, games often miss giving credit. A guy did run up to it but to me it looks like the tank blew before he could do anything. Why suicide to kill an empty tank? Anyway the guy in question Sublemont, gets no credit for a vehicle kill and is in fact in a credit for being killed at that time. But that is up to interpretation so I will leave that be.

The second rifle tank kill, at the end of the video is a driver window shot like the initial tank. Like the first there is a slight delay then the tank blows. On that tank I do get vehicle kill credit. I think the game probably destroys the tank when the driver dies, but I do not know that for sure. The vehicle kill credit is posted, even in the edited video. Did you watch the entire video?

If you desire I can post that raw video to a download site and give out the link. I won't put it on YouTube because it won't be a finished video and it is a repeat of material. Not really needed as the vehicle kill credit does post in the YT video on the last tank.

The proof is in the pudding. The last tank is unquestionably killed by a shot into the driver compartment.

Upvote 0