• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics terrbile design choises that bother me to no end

Where did I write realistic and immersive?
What you call broken is only broken because it does not work the way you want it too!
I am a fan but I am hardly a boy which only goes to prove you don't know me at all!
So stop trying to ridicule people because they disagree with you by using a term often used to denigrate the opinions of others because they happen to post positive feedback about a product they like.
For your information we are all fans in one form or another (even you) or we would not be taking the time and trouble to post on these game forums.

if they do not add realism or immersion than why exactly people like these frustrating features please do tell?

and yes, they are broken, not just because they don't work as i want, but because there is no logical reason for them being.

no other game forces you to be a sitting duck for 5 bloody seconds just to patch up a scratch on your arm.
not other games kills you for malinforming you about them.

and that, aslo include all other realistic shooters such as insurgancy, arma, and all it's kin.

and no, it doesn't make the game unique it just makes it more frustrating.

as for the poster above me.

it has nothing to do with realism, it's just game desgin 101.

but for the record, if not anything has to be realistic than how come melee is terrible, and completely worthless without bayonnet? how come it's nearly impossible to destroy tanks with AT rifles?
because realism is the main part of the game.

also, to anyone suggesting a 1 second delay before the animation can be cancled. while it's reasonble i don't think it makes much sense since your soldier's gun is not on the floor but hanging from it's strap on the guy's sholuders. the only guns i can think that will require the delay are LMG's and pistols

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game doesn't force you to press the button. If you get shot out in the open and you decide to bandage right out in the open you're giving your opponent an easy kill.

Just because bandaging exists doesn't mean it's a fix-all and you should have the opportunity to heal every wound. Once you've been shot in an area that requires immediate bandaging your opponent has defeated you, in my opinion. Whether or not you press that button determines how effective you're going to be in the few seconds you have left.

Upvote 0
The game doesn't force you to press the button. If you get shot out in the open and you decide to bandage right out in the open you're giving your opponent an easy kill.

Just because bandaging exists doesn't mean it's a fix-all and you should have the opportunity to heal every wound. Once you've been shot in an area that requires immediate bandaging your opponent has defeated you, in my opinion. Whether or not you press that button determines how effective you're going to be in the few seconds you have left.

that is completely fair.

but im rendered completely helpess even when bandaging a minor wound to the leg.
im not saying the bandage should be fix-all, im saying that you should be able to cancel bandaging if you accidently pressed the button and noticed an enemy while in a seemingly secure position

Upvote 0
Jolly Jew,

RO 2 is more hard than another FPS. and "More" in several ways !

Butch is right.

Red Orchestra 2 create its own gamer mind ! Mind of RO 2 gamers are not exactly COD of BF mind. It's doesn't mean few COD and BF players can't come to RO 2. I don't offense COD and BF players here. Just saying it's not the same game.

RO 2 is a brutal game. And we love it, for this reason and few another ones. I mean the brutality developped by RO 2 IS NOT the same than in COD and BF.

Butch said : "RO is not an easy game to play". Yes and I would add : ...and to discover and appreciate again and again.

It's possible to be boring by RO 2. But return in another FPS and you will be MULTIBORING ! In the sea of FPS, RO 2 is a pearl. RO 2 give you the best in FPS. RO 2 win against FPS who come. RO will win against FPS who will come.

For your information we are all fans in one form or another (even you) or we would not be taking the time and trouble to post on these game forums.

As you said, we have not the same way to be fans of the game here.

Not to mention, that when the game says "you are bleeding slowly," you actually don't need to bandage. You stop bleeding eventually. Just a pro-tip most people don't know about.

As Moskeeto said it, there are several kind of bleeding. Bandage is also linked to decision.
So with light bleeding, you can take risk to not bandage you. (you have a choice, but the choice can kill you)
With heavy bleeding, you must bandage you.

RO 2 is a game who need to be understand in the end to be well played (and well appreciated).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you have yet to explain how flawed game mechanics add to the 'brutality'.

being stuck in bandage animation is incredibly unrealistic and the sole fact that you prolong the bleeding by canceling should be brutal. right now it's not brutal, it's annoying.

the same for spawn protection, it's anything but brutal, having a magic shield to fry anyone who tries to sneak behind enemy lines? then how exactly does it add brutality by completely misinforming you where these magic shields are?
same with the bandage, why is the game misinforming about the the bleed severity?
even a shot to the foot will give you a messege "you are bleeding slowly, use a bandage or you will die"

Upvote 0
what do you mean player skill and situational awareness??? there is absolutely no way to know where the enemy spawn protection is unless you played the map 100 times. there is absolutely no reason not to have red section on the minimap

What's a minimap? We don't have them where i play because they are annoying and unrealistic. Bandaging, same thing, we got ride of them years ago.
You normally get 4-5 seconds warning as soon as you step in a red zone. Pretty simple just to step a few paces backwards.

again, with the satchels, what player skill? calling it out? no one listens!

That seems more like a failure on the part of your team's leadership, player skill or player discipline. Why dumb the game down even more for the lowest common denominator.

All these suggestions may however suite Action mode. And then when players are ready to leave the kiddies pool, they can come play the real game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you have yet to explain how flawed game mechanics add to the 'brutality'.

being stuck in bandage animation is incredibly unrealistic and the sole fact that you prolong the bleeding by canceling should be brutal. right now it's not brutal, it's annoying.

The problem is, both of these "flaws" (as you call them) are a direct result of your own tactical decisions and actions. You do not have to bandage every time you get shot, as others have already pointed out. If you hit that bandage key, make sure you're in cover or be prepared to get killed. It's as simple as that. You say it's broken, where I say it's all about the player's ability to make split-second tactical decisions. Do I stop and bandage before I bleed out or should I check my surroundings for more shooters and get to cover before bandaging?

Although, I would like to say that having a Medic class would be pretty great. Maybe they could balance the bleed out times to a set amount of time for each type of non-fatal wound and add the ability to call for a Medic when you're injured to the point of incapacity or out of personal bandages. I'm sure these things have already been discussed thoroughly, so I'll get back to the topic at hand. :)

the same for spawn protection, it's anything but brutal, having a magic shield to fry anyone who tries to sneak behind enemy lines? then how exactly does it add brutality by completely misinforming you where these magic shields are?

The enemy spawn protection is, yet again, a direct result of your own tactical decisions. If you run into a protected zone and get the death timer, just turn around and go the other way. If you get shot in the process, maybe you shouldn't be lone-wolfing your way into enemy territory, as that tends to get you killed no matter what.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where did I write realistic and immersive?
What you call broken is only broken because it does not work the way you want it too!
I am a fan but I am hardly a boy which only goes to prove you don't know me at all!
So stop trying to ridicule people because they disagree with you by using a term often used to denigrate the opinions of others because they happen to post positive feedback about a product they like.

Okay. He is honestly giving very valid, straightforward points. I don't get why it's so hard to see that.

Re-read the whole thing he said about the reloading animation. IT MAKES SENSE. If your character has inserted the magazine but you interrupted the animation at the LAST second, why would the game reset the entire thing to you not having a single bullet in the mag? You saw the mag go in, why are there no bullets in the gun then? Oh because I didn't allow the "animation" complete the last half of a second where he cocks the gun? THAT is unrealistic. And he is frustrated because, for such a realistic game a feature like that which is so essential to the game-play experience should be fixed. It truly is broken.

Not because it does not work the way he wants it to, but because it truly is broken.

Upvote 0