• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server slot queue

Kasspa

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Okay for the past few weeks now I've really been loving Red Orchestra 2 again, it's fresh to me all over again (I played extensively during the beta, then fell off after the somewhat rocky release). However with the lower playerbase which saddens me there is only like 2 servers I can join that give me a good ping and are consistently full of players. This whole spam the server until it lets me in thing is driving me crazy, can't you implement a feature that I know is in a few other steam games that allows us to join a server when a open player slot becomes available?

Then I don't have to spam constantly, and I can even join a low populated server and attempt to have some fun for a few minutes or possibly 15-30 minutes I have to wait until a player slot opens up on one of the only populated servers I can play on. Please, please do this I know it's possible and it will help so many more than just myself.

Actually I'm tired of spamming right now and I'm just not going to play tonight because of it, so just to iterate how important this is to me, I'm sure plenty of others have made the same decision. If I could at least play in one of the servers with bots or whatever while I waited in que to join a server when a slot opens up I'd stay on and wait. It's been at least 20 minutes of spamming and the server is still full..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, for some reason it never dawned on me to try using the steam browser instead of the in-game browser. This essentially solved my problem, kudos to yall.

Edit: For Mr. Moe, I'm in Maryland and don't have any filter settings. There is literally only 2 servers ever populated at over 50 players that give me less than 100 ping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You want queues? Yeah, good idea then.

The steam way of doing it works as well, you know. Just have to open the browser in steam.

Not really. I have been using this for years, and its meh. Dont beat the refresh spamming reflex meta gamers. And it is not really a queue. It just checks for free slots and connects, if slot available.

What I would suggest is a real queue; as in you sit and wait for your turn to get in the game. It could even display estimated waiting time.

There's propably a reason why this haven't been implemented in any of the games I know. I must be a little on the simple side because I can't get it why :). Maybe someone with some more information could shed some light on this issue.

Upvote 0