• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First Aid and other ideas on supporting each other

AtheistIII

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
I've been thinking about this for some time and it kind of annoys me that you can't support your comrades in a noncombat way besides of delivering ammo to your MGs.

I thought of beeing able to bandage not only yourself but also bleeding fellow soldiers, especially the ones standing around and bleeding out.
Eventually you could even take care of soldiers who hve been shot and lie ond the ground moaning, not to revive them but to save the reinforcement tickets for your team (I'm not alking about battlefield style resurrecting the guy whos brain has been splattered over the wall).
I don't know if a dedicated medic class should be implemented for that, but its worth a thought imo.

Also engineers could be able to repair minor tank damages, but i'm not to sure about that myself.

Third, i don't really get why you get points for hiding in a cap zone until its capped by the enemy, but not when you throw the attackers out.
It is simply sending the wrong signal i think.

good ideas you have here. The one thing that I really really want, is additional points for players who stick closer to other players in the squad when getting kills. Exactly like when your near your Squad leader but yould like it for your whole squad and any machine gunners.

These are good ideas but we could all go without this stuff, the one thing that we really need is an incentive for players to increase cooperative teamplay.

It sucks so much being a machine gunner and getting flanked.
Thats my rant

Upvote 0
Frankly I would rather see bandaging removed entirely. Right now it's a very gamey mechanic introduced to counter bleeding, which itself was only introduced with this game. RO1 would kill a player if they were combat ineffective, if not they could continue on. RO2 can't make up its mind if it wants to do this or if it wants to kill them when they would actually be killed. Bandaging currently takes what... two or three seconds? I know you have to make compromises for gameplay, but making an action that takes upwards of thirty seconds to do a decent job of take two seconds is ridiculous and adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay.

On the other hand, something I would like to see is the ability to throw ammo from any weapon to another player, so if your buddy's PPSh runs dry you can pass a drum to him or so on. Several of the maps only have a handful of ammo points, usually in fairly useless locations, and ammo redistribution is something that the game sorely lacks.

Upvote 0
On the other hand, something I would like to see is the ability to throw ammo from any weapon to another player, so if your buddy's PPSh runs dry you can pass a drum to him or so on. Several of the maps only have a handful of ammo points, usually in fairly useless locations, and ammo redistribution is something that the game sorely lacks.

I'd like to see this as well. Keep it somewhat realistic like people with the same weapon can share ammo, but it would be a cool feature.

Upvote 0
@flavin
It sucks so much being a machine gunner and getting flanked.
yeah, I hate that too.
I think this could somewhat be prevented with the idea of crew served MGs that came up here.
The loader would get a heck of points for resupplying and protecting the MG, hopefully this would send some right signals.

@ross
I like this idea, just as said, don't let someone reload his PPSch with rifle ammo.

About bandaging, well, i partly agree with you, TWI should definitely raise the time to bandage your wounds properly, at least to about 10 seconds i guess, some signifikant time which makes you really vunerable.
This would also encourage sticking to your team as these guys can protect you while your staunching your wounds.

What also feels really strange to me is that you can bleed out when you are "lightly bleeding", while at some times the wound seems to close without help.
I'm not to experienced with first aid and anatomics, but imo if a wound is heavy enough for you to bleed out, its first not a "light bleeding", and second the body wont have the ability to close the wound in some seconds without some medical attention.
I know the bleeding out issue is probably due to this weird hitpoint system that lets you die sometimes from a three meter fall, but i think its worth mentioning it.

Upvote 0