• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red orchestra 2 Flamethrower .

I dont make red orchestra a Call of duty , but they said this game will be better than black ops , so now I say ( K black ops has a flamethrower why doesn't red orchestra 2 have one ? Unreal engine can render the phisycs and the flames , why wouldn't they add flamethrowers ?) Because in the battle of Stalingrad they used many flamethrowers both German and russians ,so why wouldn't there be added ?

Upvote 0
I don't see any point in not adding it , it will be very fun , also why aren't there any Panzerfausts weren't they used on the Eastern front ?

Apparently, there never were Panzerfausts in Stalingrad as they weren't in production yet.

The different Panzerfaust models were:
  • Panzerfaust 30 introduced October 1943.
  • Panzerfaust 60 introduced September 1944. This was the most widely used version.
  • Panzerfaust 100 introduced November 1944.
  • Panzerfaust 150 introduced in small numbers in March 1945. It featured a pistol grip and reuseable cartridge tube.
  • Panzerfaust 250 was a reloadable version which was under development when the war ended.

Upvote 0
Thx for the info , i didn't knew :D .I hope that tripwire will add some new weapons , I don't really think the halftracks will be such a changing experience , they should focus on tank spawn points ,because it is stupid to drive 2 km to go into battle , it feels boring . I did that in Red orchestra 1 and I didn't enjoy that very much. (sry for the Offtopic opinion )

Upvote 0
Red orchestra is not Call of duty. Don't make RO a new COD.
I think you're missing his point somewhat.

Flamethrowers were used extensively by both sides on the Eastern Front, particularly in the kinds of tooth-and-nail urban combat that Stalingrad came to represent. They have a lot more historical relevance than a bunch of things already in the game, and a lot more evidence backing up the fact that they were actually used there.

What he appears to be suggesting is that if a game as unrealistic and historically inaccurate as CoD features one, then RO2 should, too - obviously much better implemented to behave in a manner as close to the real thing as possible.

Upvote 0
Cpt. Praxius is already working on the German "egg" grenade, and he once mentioned that he might take a crack at a flamethrower sometime.

The important thing with the flamethrower is that it isn't added to Apartments or Granary. In any other map I can think of off the top of my head (I'm thinking Barracks, Sparta, Fallen Fighters) there's enough open area that you can pick them off. They'll probably be clumsy to carry I guess, and depending on the facts a good shot could take it out and all of his friends (although I'm not sure given the fact that I keep getting told they can't really explode after someone tells me they can). On Apartments however, especially if the fight happens in the buildings just after A/B, it would just be a joke. Granary has the same problem; while it would be fun during A through C, once inside they would just own up the joint, which is a shame given that Granary is exactly the type of scenario flames would be used for in real life.

Of course, when I say they wouldn't work in those maps I'm imagining players spamming flames pretty constantly, though there might be a way to mitigate that using real-world constraints. Maybe in the stairs it would be too close for safety of the operator. Plus there's the risk that the operator would just be some immature buffoon that burn his way through a building indiscriminately and racking up the teamkills.

Also, for the CoD doomsday sayers, there's only one per team. At least I hope that.

Upvote 0
Maybe only have it on the maps where there is an engineer? There are only a couple engineers on either side, too. So, that would mean Red October, C's House, and what else.. that's it. Fallen Fighters..so, 3 maps?

I would LOVE to see a map simulating the pioneer attack. You could have all engineers on the german side, with a few slots for officers, etc. everybody with satchels, etc. some flamethrowers,e tc. fighting soviets in entrenched houses, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If Tripwire put a topic on the forums about suggestions and things that could be added in future updates ,why can't they add a flamethrower I mean really they added the same anty tank rifle for Germans and Russians , they could have at least added a different rifle for Germans like the Panzerbuchse 39 (PzB 39) , instead the P.T.R.S .

I don't think its such a problem for tripwire to add such a weapon , in the Red Orchestra mods:Mare Nostrum and Darkest Hour they added like a dozen of new weapons, so I don't think it will employ such a huge work consumtion to add a flamethrower to the game , maybe people will spamm it , but don't they already do the same thing with Smoke grenades or anty personal grenades ? If they can add a few tanks wich in my opinion is pretty ridiculous from a title that had 100 tanks in the game is reduced to only 6 .So why can't they add more weapons ?

You know what is the odd thing a game like Men of war has like 100 different types of weapons and very many types of grenades , also huge number of tank models ,I don't see any reason why Red orchestra wouldn't have foreign weapons from the different nations that fought at Stalingrad like the : Cehoslovacian , Romanian , Polish and many others .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why not instead of puting a reload action or something like that to the flamethrower to put a pressure gage ,so that if you fire short bursts it will fire longer than if you will fire without any pause.We just need to make Tripwire listen to our request, because they don't really follow our ideeas wich we post on the ideeas topic on the forums .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im sorry but I didn't saw any new weapons only new game mechanics that will be added in the feature to red orchestra 2 . This game has A lot of potential it will be the world war 2 king of games if it had runned Frostbite 2 engine. K I understand that they read them but why can't they put the ideeas into practice ?

Well they are adding 2 tanks, and 2 APCs eventually. Those are kind of weapons. And there will be a new map out on the next big patch.

As far as flame throwers, I recall maybe a year before release Wilsonam mentioning they would like to implement them along with Molotovs if possible. I'm sure if it was easy, they would have done it.

Upvote 0