• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where is my shadow?

Where is my shadow?

• Yes, i want to see my own shadow.

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Yes, but only when I will be able to see my legs and boots, too.

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • No, i don

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters
It's not important in any form or way.

Totally useless don't see why it even needs to be mentioned.

So I guess reload animations aren't important either.
Things like ingame visuals improve the gameplay experience a lot.
Some people like being able to see your characters legs and feet, and others don't.
You shouldn't tell him that his observation is useless, when it's not.

Upvote 0
This is about the last priority on the list of things the game needs, but if it ever gets to the point where the rest of that list is dealt with, it'd certainly do it some good. I was honestly surprised to find the game lacked first person actor, considering it has a first-person cover system... guess most games stick to the old refrigerator box formula even if it's not ideal.

e/

It's not important in any form or way.

Totally useless don't see why it even needs to be mentioned.
Useless? Speak for yourself; I'd very much like to know if my leg or foot is poking out from cover, or if my shadow is casting in such a way that will give my position away to the enemy. I'd also like to see more games doing it because it is now 2012 and there is no need to continue adhering to the way things were being done in 2002 (and earlier). It shouldn't be a high priority, but it's certainly not something that can be cast off without a mention. I'm sure a lot of people would've called sight adjustment useless, too - or being able to see inside your tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since your shadow can give your position away, it would be better if you could see it.
very good point! i've allways loved how you could see a guys shadow give him away and kill him, but i never gave any thought to my own shadow giving me away. cause it's not there! it really should be there.
and two the guy that mentioned mirrors...........yeah, why not? even duke nukem had those, like twenty-one years ago!
seriously though, for a game as cpu intensive as RO2, we might have to live without some stuff, unless we all want to upgrade to 2k$ computers.:(

Upvote 0