Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Classic to replace all other modes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic to replace all other modes

The thought crossed my mind while reading another thread. I realize this whole idea may seem very far removed, and maybe even unrealistic, but I would still like to hear other peoples opinion about it. I am not creating this thread with the thought that I would persuade the majority but rather to make people absorb and reflect about this idea. So there is no need for anyone to get bleedy about it.

The reason why this idea crossed my mind in the first place was because of action mode. I believe all different modes creates fractions within the community, and I believe the more modes you have, the more fractions you get and there is indeed many modes in this game. The question is whenever they're usefull for the game or not. How many people play Relaxed Realism? How many people will play Action Mode? Realism Mode? How many will play Classic? And who does all this modes aim at? One thing is for sure: each mode steals players from the other. Simplicity would ultimately be only to have one mode - that is RO CLASSIC - but not called Ro Classic. Not called anything at all. Just multiplayer and that's it. Sometimes Red Orchestra is just red orchestra; not action, not relaxed, not realistic, not classic.
    Yes, classic should be the only mode and all others removed
    26.98%
    No, this is not a good idea
    68.78%
    Neither yes or no, I have another suggestion
    0.53%
    I don't care
    3.70%
    Last edited by Cyper; 04-27-2012, 07:15 AM.
    ''Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.''
    - Edward H. Harriman

Originally posted by Rabid Penguin
    I would rather blowtorch my nipples off than play Action Mode.

IF this was a game decision BEFORE the game was created/released, I would say yes.

But now, since we have the other modes, all you will do is take away options for players who like those modes and generally piss off a lot of people.

I voted No this is not a good idea.

Comment

OK.

I'd just like to add that it would be nice if everyone who voted posted an argument for their vote. I have posted mine, but i'm sure it may not be complete. So try to have an open mind and express your opinion.
      ''Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.''
      - Edward H. Harriman

Originally posted by Rabid Penguin
      I would rather blowtorch my nipples off than play Action Mode.

Comment

It
        [B][COLOR="White"]defekt[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

The only mode that would have any right to exist would be an actual Realism mode: Relaxed Realism and Action modes simply aren't what RO is about. Classic mode is basically just a reiteration of RO1, so there's no need for it.

An actually realistic realism mode; that's what needs to be.
          I demand bayonets! Free pigstickers for everyone! Newb or Vet, all should be equal in m

Comment

I voted no.

I do agree with Mr Moe on the point if other modes were withdrawn now, then some people would leave the game.

I really believe that each mode we have can compliment the other, thats once the current beta has been released.

In the current game realism/relaxed realism modes may well be a little to much alike, I think the devs announcement of the new action mode, the changes made in the beta to realism mode bring a nice difference between those two modes. And with the addition of the classic mode for the original RO diehards, it looks like a nice progression if you want to take that journey.

It will be very interesting to see how many people play which mode, for myself I will be playing either realism or classic modes the most, unlikely I will play action mode but you never know.
            i5 2500k @ default
            8gb ram
            2x Nvidia GTX570

Comment

i actually prefer realism mode. classic is fun as well, but i wouldn't be too happy if it was the exclusive mode.
              i'm looking forward to how the server hosters will tweak their settings, with the refinements we have now in the beta there are many interesting possibilities for server configurations.
              Last edited by tixhal; 04-27-2012, 09:34 AM.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][COLOR="Gray"][I] i7 3770K@4.3ghz; 8gb ddr3 1333; gtx770; 2x1TB hdd@raid0 + 128gb 830 SSD; win7 64bit[/I][/COLOR]

Comment

My opinion is this;

If you only like one of the modes offered, just play one of the modes offered.

Comment

If there was only one mode, then that mode would likely be more like action mode rather than classic. I think we should be glad for different modes, as they bring the only chance there is for a more realistic experience.

Comment

Zoom system is broken (as in , no freedom as to when we zoom) in classic. So, unless they change it, no.
                    Supporting:
                    Disapproving: progression, spawn on SL, spawns close to cap (RSOD)
                    Since: beta 1.0 UT2003

Comment

You can't really do this to an established game thats been out for like 7 months. If people don't want to play Realism when it is released it will naturally die out and be replaced by Classic. You can't just physically take it out of a game thats been out this long

I don't think it will die out though, I think there will be a mix of classic and regular realism and maybe an occasional Action server. It depends how well the free weekend goes. If people get behind classic and we see a surge of old clans make a return the balance could shift towards classic. I also feel though that the Realism mode has made good steps in the right direction too, so I do think it will be mixed
                      Last edited by melipone; 04-27-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I am for the choice, there is little to no point in removing other modes from the game. Even if I'll most likely play Classic myself.

Comment

I agree, it just pisses off the many players who prefer the RO2 gameplay, because if you only like one mode it's like taking the game away from you. Although the community is small and splintered right now, assuming this pulls a KF and starts jumping after a free weekend or whatnot it really won't be a problem.

Comment

Absolutely not. You'd leave the current players out on their asses, which if anything, will cause a rift in this community larger than the slight split (If you can even call it that, no-one seems to be downing on others for playing gamemode X rather than Y) that we have currently.

It would be possible to make a counter argument stating that "Realism mode was the one RO2 shipped with, and creating this Classic and Action mode has torn the community up, so really, get rid of those two additions and we'll have a singular community playing a single gamemode." etc.

Comment

No poll needed for this. This is what's going to naturally happen. Everybody will play Classic only. You can count on it.
                              [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/Kakeb141/"]Youtube Channel[/URL]

[B][I]Project Reality: BF2[/I] Animator[/B]

Comment

Working...
                              X