• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Classic to replace all other modes

Classic to replace all other modes

• Total voters

Cyper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
Sweden
The thought crossed my mind while reading another thread. I realize this whole idea may seem very far removed, and maybe even unrealistic, but I would still like to hear other peoples opinion about it. I am not creating this thread with the thought that I would persuade the majority but rather to make people absorb and reflect about this idea. So there is no need for anyone to get bleedy about it.

The reason why this idea crossed my mind in the first place was because of action mode. I believe all different modes creates fractions within the community, and I believe the more modes you have, the more fractions you get and there is indeed many modes in this game. The question is whenever they're usefull for the game or not. How many people play Relaxed Realism? How many people will play Action Mode? Realism Mode? How many will play Classic? And who does all this modes aim at? One thing is for sure: each mode steals players from the other. Simplicity would ultimately be only to have one mode - that is RO CLASSIC - but not called Ro Classic. Not called anything at all. Just multiplayer and that's it. Sometimes Red Orchestra is just red orchestra; not action, not relaxed, not realistic, not classic.

Last edited:
I voted no.

I do agree with Mr Moe on the point if other modes were withdrawn now, then some people would leave the game.

I really believe that each mode we have can compliment the other, thats once the current beta has been released.

In the current game realism/relaxed realism modes may well be a little to much alike, I think the devs announcement of the new action mode, the changes made in the beta to realism mode bring a nice difference between those two modes. And with the addition of the classic mode for the original RO diehards, it looks like a nice progression if you want to take that journey.

It will be very interesting to see how many people play which mode, for myself I will be playing either realism or classic modes the most, unlikely I will play action mode but you never know.

Upvote 0
You can't really do this to an established game thats been out for like 7 months. If people don't want to play Realism when it is released it will naturally die out and be replaced by Classic. You can't just physically take it out of a game thats been out this long

I don't think it will die out though, I think there will be a mix of classic and regular realism and maybe an occasional Action server. It depends how well the free weekend goes. If people get behind classic and we see a surge of old clans make a return the balance could shift towards classic. I also feel though that the Realism mode has made good steps in the right direction too, so I do think it will be mixed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree, it just pisses off the many players who prefer the RO2 gameplay, because if you only like one mode it's like taking the game away from you. Although the community is small and splintered right now, assuming this pulls a KF and starts jumping after a free weekend or whatnot it really won't be a problem.

Upvote 0
Absolutely not. You'd leave the current players out on their asses, which if anything, will cause a rift in this community larger than the slight split (If you can even call it that, no-one seems to be downing on others for playing gamemode X rather than Y) that we have currently.

It would be possible to make a counter argument stating that "Realism mode was the one RO2 shipped with, and creating this Classic and Action mode has torn the community up, so really, get rid of those two additions and we'll have a singular community playing a single gamemode." etc.

Upvote 0
KaB said:
No poll needed for this. This is what's going to naturally happen. Everybody will play Classic only. You can count on it.
You're wrong already. It was told that playerbase of one of a few of the most popular servers (and my second favorite server) was literally split in two as half of them wanted to keep in touch with Realism while the other half wanted to go Classic. There are also other people on the forums who prefer Realism over Classis. I am not sure what you base your belief on.

Upvote 0
No poll needed for this. This is what's going to naturally happen. Everybody will play Classic only. You can count on it.

There is often just 4-5 people playing the beta. I really hope the majority of people will switch back to classic. It is weird indeed; where is all the other roosters? Fact is from polls and such that a great deal of all active players were looking forward to it. Personally, I wont play with bots. Or bother to look for servers. Its all gotta be there. Otherwise I will ditch this medicore game for time and eternity like I did with ofp dragon rising. Or simply play for the sake of tk.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Cyper said:
There is often just 4-5 people playing the beta. I really hope the majority of people will switch back to classic. It is weird indeed; where is all the other roosters?
They either play infrequently or wait for the Classic to be released. In fact most of people I know is more willing to wait for Beta to be finished and play it then, instead of downloading it now and playing now. Some people might be unwilling to come back no matter what, this also need to be taken into consideration. There is also a possibility that many people don't even know about Classic coming out.

Upvote 0