• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What new weapons would you like to see in RO2?

By the way.... can one of the Devs tell me if the MG42 is in some kind of development?

Just a yes or no would be good. I don't need to know at what stage of development it is in or how long it will be... as if I get to a point where I am finished with the weapon I decide to start on, there's no point in me starting work on an MG42 if you guys already have one in the works :cool:

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure that a MG42 is already in the works. TWI said a few month ago that there are some of the mosted asked weapons in development. And i think the Mg42 is the most frequently asked weapon :D

Regards Culti

Yeah that's what I figured.....

Alright.... I'm just going ahead and I'm going to pick...... ahhhh..... errrrr.....

..... Ummmm......

Well, I did a quick search to first see if I can find some decent diagrams for any of the weapons, and can't seem to find many decent profiles (Side, Top, Front, Parts, etc.)

Any good sites out there for that stuff?

Vehicles seems easy enough to find details for, but I'm not going to spend a year working on all the RO2 requirements for a vehicle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While the title of the game is Heros of Stalingrad, I think we should look at that strictly as the base game or starting point...You know the game will end up covering the entire east front at some point. At least i hope it holds together long enough to see it happen. Weapons that came out later in the war will be fun to play on community made maps. I think RHOS should be viewed as a framework to build the east front ww2 experience on a wider scale.....

Upvote 0
I've found a nice easy one you could whip up in minutes. No doubting it was in Stalingrad either.
Link

Couldn't think of what else you could work on that's not already been suggested.

He he, funny, close call for almost getting shot though, I imagine one of them had to change their drawers later that day.... wonder what happened to the image linking within posts..... I must have missed that newsflash. (Haven't been able to img tag any images all day)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wonder what happened to the image linking within posts..... I must have missed that newsflash. (Haven't been able to img tag any images all day)

On that front, I think it was related to threads missing pages at the end. I noticed a number of posts on these threads with missing pages had had the images turned into links, before the picture things was removed. Something to do with the memory taken up by threads perhaps?

Edit: Only seems to count on the RO2 forums. The podium is still allowing image posting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll keep all of these suggestions in mind.... however, It's still pretty difficult to get any decent resources online for diagrams, etc. of most of these weapons. Once I find a good source of reference, I'm sure it will help me narrow down what I'll start on.

Looking at random angled photos of weapons isn't the best way to go.... it can be done, but chances are, not very accurately.

And I doubt I'll find the time to find a museum somewhere here in Australia that has any of these weapons I can take a look at, take a part and spec'up.

Any ideas of sources would be great.

Upvote 0
Panzerfaust gets my vote.

I wouldn't be too concerned about only setting up non-Stalingrad battle weapons fearing that they will rarely be used by mappers.

Look at RO1 and the amount of community maps that became the staple of most popular servers. Do you think mappers are going to stick to Stalingrad?

A look at the custom map on offer so far suggests they will just make great playing maps from all over the East.

I think if you just keep it real in so far as making weapons that look and act authentic then leave the mapper to decide if they want to create a period piece or a great playing map. Not that both cant co-exist.

Credit to those that suggested some fixed guns. That worked so well on DH maps and gave tankers in combined maps something to think about. Anyone recall fixed guns in RO1 ?

Upvote 0
Someone already said FG-42. I agree with him.

Could be a good hero weapon... it has higher RoF than MKb42, used the same cartridge as K98k (so it's stronger than MKb42), but has less ammo than MKb42 per clip.

Actually, FG-42 with the 10-round magazine is a gun that gets balanced with AVT-40. High RoF, very damaging and wild recoil. And the fact that FG-42 had a bipod will give the assault class something different - it's a assault rifle, but one that you need to deploy to use effectively. So it's not a gun 'n' run armament.

Of course, the Fallschirmj

Upvote 0