• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What new weapons would you like to see in RO2?

Cpt-Praxius

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
In relation to another thread I was in recently, I've decided that perhaps rather than try my luck on making a map (don't have the free time to put into one), I'd try and start working on a couple of weapons instead.

So I'm going to ask the community here, what specific weapon(s) would you like to see make it into RO2?

I'm leaning towards a couple of new bolt rifles to choose from to get more people interested in the riflemen classes, and possibly some pistols..... and then go from there.

I was going to put this into the modding section, but I'd like to ask the general population a bit more directly and since I haven't started anything yet and just getting feedback, the General Section seemed like the right place.

The moment I begin to work on something, I will post those details in the modding section.

Please be specific with the weapon model you are looking for, as well as your reasons for why you'd want it in the game. Depending on the most requested weapon(s) and the reasons behind them, will determine if I try to work on them. And when I mean specific in regards to the weapon model, I mean that I don't want to end up grabbing several diagrams of different weapon models and screwing things up..... then having a bunch of people coming back and telling me it's all wrong.

Try and keep the weapons confined to what would have existed and would have been used during the battle of Stalingrad. I don't care if the weapon was used by millions of soldiers or only a dozen.... if the weapon existed during that combat period, it's valid as far as I'm concerned.

I did have a list of weapons I'd like to see in the game, and posted it somewhere, but can't find it, so that's why I'm asking the community.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I would like a panzerfaust, a flamethrower and a side of fries to go pls.

I don't think the Panzerfaust was on the battlefield during Stalingrad, which is why the Devs never put it into the game (I could be wrong)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stalingrad

"Much smaller in physical appearance, the Faustpatrone was actually heavier than the better-known Panzerfaust. Development of the Faustpatrone started in the summer of 1942 at the German company HASAG with the development of a smaller prototype called Gretchen ("little Gretel") by a team headed by Dr. Heinrich Langweiler in Leipzig."

Seems like it it didn't quite make it as it was late summer when the Battle of Stalingrad started.... they also note the early version of the Faust had no sights and had a problem with bouncing off or exploding with crappy results against sloped armour (T34)

Doesn't seem very practical to work on.... but my mind can change if others have a better argument on why it should be in the game, and what specific model should be used.

As for a flame thrower..... I might work on one.... but after I get a couple of other weapons under my belt first.

I did do a Panzerschreck back in the RO Mod days... And wouldn't mind updating it to RO2 graphics / polys...

img-11.jpg

..... But it never made it to Stalingrad, so....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I keep hoping we can move this game out of Stalingrad and into some more variable terrain. I am not really concerned about historical accuracy or about recreating battles. I just think the flamethrower would be add some fresh tactical options for assaulting squad.

I have always wanted to try my hand at modelling. What tools are you using? I have played around with blender a bit, but not enough for animations etc.

Upvote 0
I keep hoping we can move this game out of Stalingrad and into some more variable terrain. I am not really concerned about historical accuracy or about recreating battles. I just think the flamethrower would be add some fresh tactical options for assaulting squad.

I have always wanted to try my hand at modelling. What tools are you using? I have played around with blender a bit, but not enough for animations etc.

I use Maya for my modeling.... Photoshop for texture creation, etc.

And I'm not against the idea of working on a flamethrower.... it's just that my 3D modeling experience is a bit rusty and want to work my way up to something like that after I spend some time working on ballastic weapons first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait, you're doing Stalingrad weapons only? Kind of a bummer.

If you had to add some weapons I'd suggest some MP41s and PPD40s, just sistering guns of what we have in the game now.

A new form of anti-tank gun wouldn't hurt either.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I remember one of the TWI workers saying that they are planning on making new weapons? I'm not entirely sure.

I'd sure love to see a RO1 weapons pack.

Upvote 0

Totally agree that it being based in Stalingrad restricts the possibilities. I saw a number of threads about new weapons, including one I made, get turned down because of Historical Accuracy.

As for weapons I would like to see implemented....
-Polish VIS Pistol, used by the Germans
-PPs-43
-M38 Carbine
-MG 42
-Browning Hi-Power
-PPD-40

But those are if everyone goes outside the Stalingrad theme and time period.

I'm a bit disappointed that you need Windows 7 64-Bit as I wanted to try fooling around with it. Unfortunately, I will be on Windows XP for life:D

Upvote 0
I think a flamethrower will turn this game into COD :-(..... an Mg-32 would be nice

An MG42 crossed my mind and is a possibility.... I don't think a flamethrower would be that horrible for RO2. The person using it would not only attract a crap load of attention to themselves, but would be more prone to toasting their team mates as much as the enemy.

Wait, you're doing Stalingrad weapons only? Kind of a bummer.

Well all the current maps in RO2 (excluding community maps) are based in Stalingrad and at this stage, I just don't need to have the hardcore guys freaking out that such&such a weapon wasn't on the battlefield in real life (MKB?) & start to trash the game as being unrealistic, etc...... and it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of time on a weapon that'd only be included on 1-2 community made maps.

Even if the weapons are done very well, I doubt TW would want to add weapons into their maps that weren't used during that time (MKB, yeah I know....)

If you had to add some weapons I'd suggest some MP41s and PPD40s, just sistering guns of what we have in the game now.

Those crossed my mind as well, as I liked those two SMG's more than the MP40 & PPSH back in the Mod/RO1.

A new form of anti-tank gun wouldn't hurt either.

That also crossed my mind.... which is why I came to the community to help narrow my choices down, if that's possible, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DT machine gun. Tank machine gun but often used by infantry (I seem to remember reading that tanks fitted with this often carried a bipod so the MG could be used in the dismounted role if necessary).

Heavier barrel and larger ammo drum than the DP-28, so a good choice for an unlock for Soviet machinegunners at high levels.

http://dieselpunks.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/dt-machine-gun.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
An MG42 crossed my mind and is a possibility.... I don't think a flamethrower would be that horrible for RO2. The person using it would not only attract a crap load of attention to themselves, but would be more prone to toasting their team mates as much as the enemy.

Well all the current maps in RO2 (excluding community maps) are based in Stalingrad and at this stage, I just don't need to have the hardcore guys freaking out that such&such a weapon wasn't on the battlefield in real life (MKB?) & start to trash the game as being unrealistic, etc...... and it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of time on a weapon that'd only be included on 1-2 community made maps.

Even if the weapons are done very well, I doubt TW would want to add weapons into their maps that weren't used during that time (MKB, yeah I know....)

Those crossed my mind as well, as I liked those two SMG's more than the MP40 & PPSH back in the Mod/RO1.

That also crossed my mind.... which is why I came to the community to help narrow my choices down, if that's possible, lol.

Strange, i play with the mg42 several weeks now...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0