• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Chances we will see these changes?

ROII4Me

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Now that I am back playing RO2 more frequently, many things I once found irritating are not such a big deal.

But there remain two things which could be changed that would make the (at least, MY) game experience better.

1. When a team reaches 0 reinforcements, all Protected Areas should turn off automatically.

This would prevent people from sitting around with 4 minutes of their precious life ticking away while some AFK guy is lollygagging in spawn, or some lily livered campmeister is hiding in the Spartakova church or the construction site across from the grain elevator, when they should rightly be hunted down like the dog they is.

Is this possible? To have the protected zones turn off during a match, after there are no more spawns?

2. Can they (please) set the spawn screens so that, once you pick your Spawn 1 or 2 or Squad Leader you can hit Enter to say you are ready, rather than fighting the jerky mouse to get it to click on Ready before you missed the next spawn?

Even better would be hitting a number key to pick the spawn point rather than having to use the spastic mouse.

oh and a bonus suggestion for free

3. Having a worthwhile, if small bonus to score - or major suppression modifier for incoming fire - awarded to soldiers for being near their squad leader would help.

And when the SL is killed, the squad member with the highest experience rank gives off a similar bonus, maybe 50% of the actual SL.

In other words, it would approximate the value of the assistant squad leader when the SL gets hit. And it would remain in effect until the SL made it back close enough to the squad members to influence their modifiers.

If there were some noticeable benefits to staying with your squad more people would stay with their squads.

I completely agree with the first two points.

3. Having a worthwhile, if small bonus to score - or major suppression modifier for incoming fire - awarded to soldiers for being near their squad leader would help.

As the game stands at the moment, when you are around 15 metres (Don't quote me on this, but it's still a fairly small value) from your squad leader or commander, you gain an extra two points for any action you do; Shooting an enemy, kill assists and I think capturing objectives may count, not too sure though. I wouldn't mind if the radius was a little larger as well as giving five points instead.

In general, the more players you are around, the less likely you are to be supressed, however, should one of them get killed, the effects get negged for everyone for a short while. But it could certainly be intersting to have SL's giving more of an effect to combat suppression compared to just plain ol' ranked Heroes.

Upvote 0