• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Classic Mode Opinion

Machinist

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2012
Thumbs up from me, its hard to even say how to improve on that classic mode, the game play is miles better, it just feels alot more like RO1, you probably nailed it to be honest, dont ruin it how it is now please i beg you, going to defo pull my friends back into this game and play alot more when i have the FPS feel, thanks alot for the work.

Personally im just looking forward to

• APC's (Halftracks)
  • More Maps (Big ones with vehicles/No Funnel Maps)
  • Players (Would be hard not to bring in players with the gameplay on offer)
  • Introduction of the Panzerfaust

If all those boxes got ticked for me personally this game would be a great successor to RO1

Thanks for the effort you could of just let the game rot but you didnt :D

Last edited:
  • Introduction of the Panzerfaust

The panzerfaust was left out on purpose, it doesn't quite fit with the timeline at which RO2 focusses on, the panzerfaust was developed later on I believe.

If they were to add the panzerfaust to the game, it would mean that the timeline would need to be altered or expanded. This would of course mean, that much of the content would need to be changed or expanded upon as well. Atleast, if this game aims to be authentic.

With the coming of several mods, including those that are to be considered official expansion packs. We should see some panzerfausts along with quite a different setting.

Upvote 0
The only things that could make Classic Mode any better in my opinion would be:

--further nerfing of the tanks' Hull MG
--removal of the ability to hipfire with a machine gun while jogging. Press iron sights to hipfire at a slow walk.

Literally, that's it. Meaning of course that Classic is already pretty awesome.:IS2: Keep those beta servers populated!

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Field Marshal Rommel
Just like the MkB 42 :eek:
Knock off the cheap negative shots!! We are all damn tired of it.
Please do not presume to speak for everyone.

Panzerfaust wasn't at Stalingrad :. it isn't in the game.
MkB42 wasn't at Stalingrad :. it is in the game.

Field Marshal Rommel's observation seems perfectly reasonable to me. Closing one

Upvote 0