• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Point overhaul: More focus on teamplay

Fisher

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Crawley, England
We've all been on matches where people are more happy to pitch tent to shoot enemies than actually get the objective. It's frustrating when one team constantly beats the other, because it has a different mind set; go for the objective, not kills.

So I propose that the attacking team no longer receive points for kills. Instead, increase the points rewarded for taking objectives. Defenders can still receive points for kills, but at a reduced rate, and only if inside the objective. (obviously this would only work for attack, defense scenarios such as CD and some TE)

Don't fling hate at me, it's merely an idea. What do you think?

Seems to me that over time we're getting a wide variety of ways people want to play this game.

I think the best solutions are going to be flexibility with respect to server settings.

I like your ideas, and I'l like to play-test them. But I think many people won;t like the change, and no doubt there will be other unintended consequences which might even make the original situation worse.

I think that's where flexibility comes in - server side.

If server owners had the ability to completely change the points allocation - with pre-map briefing screens which made the points systems explicitly clear - this could be really interesting.

I'd be quite happy to play one map with the current point system, and then re-run the same map again with a complete points re-write.. that could be fun. But individual servers would need the flexibility to customize, just in case it didn't work out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We've all been on matches where people are more happy to pitch tent to shoot enemies than actually get the objective. It's frustrating when one team constantly beats the other, because it has a different mind set; go for the objective, not kills.

So I propose that the attacking team no longer receive points for kills. Instead, increase the points rewarded for taking objectives. Defenders can still receive points for kills, but at a reduced rate, and only if inside the objective. (obviously this would only work for attack, defense scenarios such as CD and some TE)

Don't fling hate at me, it's merely an idea. What do you think?

Shouldn't ideas be in the Ideas & Suggestions area? :cool: (oh never mind, I guess it's there already)

But no, I don't care much for that idea.... speaking as someone who goes for objectives in both attack & defense positions.

Some people camp out and pick enemies off from a far not because they want to rack up kills or points (which doesn't make sense since you get more points going for objectives and level up faster that way than picking off random enemies) Some people do it because they suck at everything else.

Others do it because they're new to the game and are still getting familiar with where everything & everyone is.

Others do it because they enjoy playing like this..... and since they paid for the game like the rest of us, they can play anyway they please, as far as I care.

And if they take out a few enemies while doing so, that's fewer enemies I have to worry about in the objective, which makes my job easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarioBava
Upvote 0
Honestly the best players with the most kills on an attacking team are the guys getting into caps and clearing them. Yes there are a few that sit back out of the cap but they never get as many kills as the Studds that go in and know the best routes into and through caps to hack apart the enemy entering their side of the cap. The thing is to encourage the guys that want to sit back and snipe with a rifle is to get on a flank. Let them do what they feel comfortable doing but in a spot that helps keep the attacking team forward. The only time I get frustrated is when its time for a big push, arty is falling behind the cap to stop enemy reins from entering the cap, the smoke is out and only 40% of the team pushes in and the push fails. But that is rare.. But all of this is dependent on either a vocal, clam but direct Commander or just other leaders that keep the communication up. You just cannot ***** and complain that guys are sitting back not helping. They need to know where to go with their style of play. They need leadership. But yes there are some of those nights usually 2x a wk where nobody listens.. LOL those are tough.....There is a new batch of guys on the 2fj server right now... Its been that way for oh I would say a month.. but they will learn in the next few wks what the plans are and how to help their teams.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0