• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

better particle effects

That does look pretty good. I'm sure TWI are thinking about graphical updates in the future, does anyone remember that poll where they asked if people wanted more realism and other things? I remember one of the options they had was whether people wanted them to start working on a DX11 version. I seem to remember that it was a TWI poll, not a community one. Just makes me think/hope that after the bugs are all ironed out and Classic and DLC have reared their beautiful heads then maybe, just maybe, we might see a DX11 RO2. I think RO2 looks pretty stunning anyway but it couldn't hurt to make it even better.

Upvote 0
The particles are a tad bland in my opinion, but then again, I've been playing so many less-than-realistic games over the years I may have absolutly no idea what they ought to look like. :p

One fabulous thing about the RO2 explosion effects (When I am actually able to run at near full settings) is the compression wave that they emit. Looks so freakin' amazing!

Upvote 0
Most of the general explosions (Arty and Tank rounds) are pretty good, it's the smoke that bothers me. It looks like the infamous speedtree of smoke effects. So unrealistic, it's just one of those weird 2d textures that rotate based on your location. It looks terribad, especially when seeing it seep through a wall like some kind of bubble.

Upvote 0