• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are the Germans ever getting proper winter clothing?

Nezzer

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Porto Alegre, RS
The lack of winter clothing for the Germans is something that's been bugging me since ROOST. I've never minded it that much, since there some of them would be given greatcoats and there were plenty of skin mods. Now that I played the last version of Mamayev Kurgan I think it's become a lot more noticeable with that really cold atmosphere the map now has and seeing Germans running around on summer clothes breaks a lot of that atmosphere for me.

I know almost everyone in the community would want that after seeing the results of several polls and discussions about winter clothing, but I'd like to know what's TWI's take on this and if they could give us some better skins for the Germans in the future. Small things like that give immersion a good boost :IS2:

Reactions: Nylle
I notice the germans are actually better camouflaged, especially on maps like mamayev and redoctoberfactory. The whole map ranges from white-ish to grey to quite dark grey. I've had times I get in a building and don't notice the german standing in a corner because it was just a mess of grey. Russians however shine out of the environment with their white clothes.

Upvote 0
I'm not big on history, and don't mean to pretend that I am. But as far as I know, German forces on the east front were in fact poorly equipped.
They were poorly equipped, but that doesn't mean they'd fight wearing summer uniforms.
Spoiler!

Do you see any of them wearing summer uniforms? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
J/k = just kidding, for those who didn't get it.
Ah, sorry about that. I know what it means, but I either didn't really notice that or thought it was your sig. I was almost sleeping when I posted it :p

Nice one Nezzer! Constant bombarding will eventually bring Greatcoats for the Wehrmacht. :)

I can tell by myself - as I did a field test on myself - that there's a huge difference between standard field tunic only and standard tunic + greatcoat at -20

Upvote 0
This has already been discussed to death on these forums.

I was gonna say, i think German greatcoats have finally tied with "mg42" and "RO2 is dead" as the most posted thing here.:D

I do, however, agree wholeheartedly that the Wehrmacht needs their winter clothes. Especially since the greatcoat animation is already available. Im sure we'll get around to it at some point but its lack sltill puzzles me. Given the detail spent on uniforms it doesnt really make sense.

I understand the team differentiation argument, but i have to say most people who play RO could probably tell the difference between a German soldier and a Soviet one.

Upvote 0
I also want greatcoats for the germans, but I also expect more player model variety, Why NO russian normal riflemen Wear helmet in this game ?

Just cause i have a rifle it means i don't wear a helmet ?
And ALL assaults have helmets, it would be nice to see some guys wearing instead of the regular Pilotka:helmets, or even bandages in their heads, different clothing, or additions of clothing (like a sniper cape or something) would also bring A LOT of immersion for a game like this.

I hope tripwire do stuff like this in a not so distant future.

Upvote 0
I also want greatcoats for the germans, but I also expect more player model variety, Why NO russian normal riflemen Wear helmet in this game ?

Just cause i have a rifle it means i don't wear a helmet ?
And ALL assaults have helmets, it would be nice to see some guys wearing instead of the regular Pilotka:helmets, or even bandages in their heads, different clothing, or additions of clothing (like a sniper cape or something) would also bring A LOT of immersion for a game like this.

I hope tripwire do stuff like this in a not so distant future.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45833

Upvote 0