• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Colorize the chat

Colorize the chat

• Yes

Votes: 107 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A suggestion post I lifted from a prior thread concerning chat...

Yes - chat needs some color added to help differentiate messages.

The colors attached to each faction right now where it reads how many reinforcements would be ideal for the chat (similar to Ostfront). That way while I'm in battle and focused on the middle of my monitor my eyes can actually pick up on the particular colors and communication can be a lot better.

Would be ideal for players without mics to be noticed if they are communicators in-game and better overall.

As of right now I ignore all chat because it is a white blur on the left-hand corner of my screen.

Also, just as important to add player location to the voice commands and general chat too.

Example:
Ivan22 entered the game.
Comrade Kaizer (Church): Need smoke SL.
Fritz15: This is an example of random enemy chat that isn't Team chat; no location shown to enemy players

Doesn't look great on the forums here but you get my drift. Something so small that can go a very long way.

Upvote 0
Obviously yes, I asked Ramm if they had plans about improving the chat and he said they do but they're busy with other things at this time. Probably bug fixing, fine tuning classic mode and other features, also the game still doesn't have all its features, like multiplayer campaign so they have to work on that too. Perhaps a mod team could help them out? They could ask TWI if they can put it in the game as standard. Surely it can't be that hard to code compared to other things in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is how it should be, I'd also think a small "chat box" that show up a chat history when you press Y U or I to chat . I sometime miss important teamplay messages because of the lack of history and have to use console to see . Anyway, chat colors may help with that alreadly.

All Chat:

Russian:

Ivan1: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam posuere condimentum nisl.

German:

Fritz1: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam posuere condimentum nisl.

Team chat:

Russian:

Ivan2 (Location): Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam posuere condimentum nisl.

German:

Fritz2 (Location): Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam posuere condimentum nisl.

Squad chat:

Fritz3 (Location):Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam posuere condimentum nisl.

Last edited:
Reactions: Couac
Upvote 0