• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please add time of day randomness to maps! (Or at least rain/storms!)

Now I understand, thanks :)

Still, I guess the community won't mind to use up one or two more gigs for some more map variety. After all, HD are in TB nowadays, don't think that would be a problem (I downloaded about... uh... 10 gb just for the various beta version, no problem with that, got to sleep anyway ;) )

We could try with just one map maybe, like Red October factory with some fog? Or spartanovka with rain? Sounds good to me ;)

Upvote 0
OF COURSE I DO NOT MEAN DO 24 DIFFERENT MAP VARIANTS FOR EACH HOUR

morning
noon
evening
midnight

with weather effects will be absolutely perfect. The maps will have to be baked to that time setting but believe me the effect will be well worth it :)

Sorry I have to post in color but im trying to get everyone on the same page :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, but was it actually raining during the actual battle? If it wasn't, then it's not historically accurate. So there.

Yeah because we all know the real stalingrad was just the germans and russians fighting over ~8 distinct areas and ONLY on nice days of the week. if it rained they all went inside and played drinking games.

Upvote 0
You would also need a quad core 4.5 Ghz machine and a unreleased Nvidia 6 Kepler series video card (or 3 580's in SLI) to run it with anything near acceptable frame rate.

Download the UDK and run the Day/Night cycle demo. Then imagine gameplay and player load on top of that.

The alternative is this. If it's so resource draining and no alternative way can be done atm, we have to put this aside. I understand that, probably, one day (maybe not that far) TWI or someone will manage to handle this cool feature in a better way, but since that "someone" pops up, we'll have to wait and hope i'm afraid :(

Upvote 0