• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I think I remember reading somewhere that during Stalingrad at least, it was common to go into combat with one 71 round drum mag in your PPsH with and carry stick mags. The logic being you have more ammo before your first reload, you could carry more magazines, and the drum mag(like most drum mags) wasn't nearly as reliable as the stick magazine. Just a tidbit of info I thought I would throw out there.

I understand the hatred for dice rolls in a skill based game. But luck happens to be a major factor during battle.

During airsoft games I remember the players that used high-capacity clips (200+ bb's) often encountered weapon jams because the clips where not as reliabale as the low-capacity clips (30-50 bbs).

This resulted in me getting some offical 'melee' kills during league games.
I learned to love the sound of a dry-firing gun...

Upvote 0
That would suck if it wasn't in. Escpecially, as someone stated earlier, because the Mkbwhatever is in the game. And I remember reading articles about how on the defense squads were trained to operate around their mg42 like football players operate around their quarterback. And I am pretty sure I also read something about two man mg42 teams that would be used to clear buildings by spraying through the walls and floors as they passed through.

I don't think time constraints would have anything to do with it not being in the game. Meh hopefully they do give it as free dlc, but it seems to me like a key weapon in the german arsenal. Heck when you think german, you think mg42. And how most modern mg's are modeled after it in some way.

Edit: ^ And it wouldn't make a dry fire sound like an airsoft :D . The gas from the shell in the chamber is used to make way for the next round, and drag it up into the chamber. That would be cool though as machine guns would have been invented alot earlier. Mg's on pirate ships.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And I remember reading articles about how on the defense squads were trained to operate around their mg42 like football players operate around their quarterback. And I am pretty sure I also read something about two man mg42 teams that would be used to clear buildings by spraying through the walls and floors as they passed through.

It wasn't exclusive to MG42 considering the general squad structure and their training and basic tactical employement did not see that much change since mid 30s. Additional stuff that was added sooner or later still would apply to 34, as ignoring stuff that has barely influence in-game (reliability, production levels and stuff etc etc etc etc etc) there's pretty minimal (practical) difference between MG34 and 42 when it comes to general use as a machinegun for killing people in war + as obvious and obnoxious as this sounds 34 still saw use until the end of the war even in infantry use.

Upvote 0
DSHK would be incredible overkill. It's basically a russian M2.

People would be crying that it shoots through walls and two men beyond that.

Well, they had it, so why not add it? Ofcourse you could at the same time add a light German FlaK piece to even things up a bit, as long as both weapons behave as they should.

Also keep in mind that the DSHK is an extremely heavy weapon, and needs to be rolled around on a wheel carriage, presenting quite a target, esp. for a well placed grenade.

Upvote 0
Well, they had it, so why not add it? Ofcourse you could at the same time add a light German FlaK piece to even things up a bit, as long as both weapons behave as they should.

Also keep in mind that the DSHK is an extremely heavy weapon, and needs to be rolled around on a wheel carriage, presenting quite a target, esp. for a well placed grenade.
While the idea seems a good one, the whole 'wheel carriage' thing may prove too complex; I'm also not sure I'd trust about 90% of the players I've seen ingame with a wheeled anything, much less a DShK on a carriage, and at the end of the day I don't think it would really add a whole lot to the game. The MG42, on the other hand, would be interesting to see, along with an infantry-adapted DT-28 for the Soviets (a common modification).

As for balance issues, the teams tend to balance each other out. The Soviets have far a superior submachine gun and a better semiautomatic rifle (on paper at least), the Germans have better MG firepower. At longer ranges the Germans have the upper hand, switching to the Soviets as the fight moves indoors or into narrow streets. As long as the map itself isn't heavily skewed, both teams have their turn at dominating the other.

Upvote 0