• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help us name our game modes

Don't name the modes, just use emotes:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
What was default in RO1? I always thought that DM and HUD off was the "real" RO, although no servers seem so run it that way.

Somehow I would not be mad if the "relaxed realism" would be "Classic", while the other one would be like, "Veritable" or something.

And btw, won't people be able to name their custom modes? I want to remember something about the server config being able to be like "Oh this is the ROL-setup", so when you browse the servers you see some as "classic", some as "veritable" and some as "ROL" etc.

Are these modes including all server variables?

Upvote 0
Ok some of you guys are REALLY overthinking this (bswearer) and getting off topic. Keep the mode discussion in another thread, and just post three names like this:

Realism
Relaxed Realism
Custom

That is all I really need to see, is a list of good possible names. Some caveats here:

1) Don't make any of them longer than 2 words
2) It needs to get across the point to new players simply and so they will understand
3) The "default mode" is Relaxed Realism if you could really say there is a default mode
4) The changes for Realism mode won't just be HUD changes, it could be other things as well

So less discussion, and more name suggestions please :)

P.S. Sorry Alan, I'm not a fan of Classic. Realism mode isn't necessarily "just like RO1". It is just more "hardcore" than Relaxed Realism mode.

Reactions: Patriot
Upvote 0
Realism - Normal.
Relaxed Realism - Novice or Recruit.

If I am not mistaken Relaxed Realism was added in so people will easy into the RO playing style and eventually move into the Realism mode. This name style would indicate this.

And even relaxed realism mode is more realistic than the "Realism" modes of CoD/BF/whatever. We know the game is supposed to be somewhat realistic, so no need to put realism in the game mode title.

Upvote 0
tbh personally i'd just go for.

Normal
Hardcore
Custom

Both the battlefield franchise, as the call of duty franchise use that naming scheme, so people know what it somewhat means. I personally don't see the need in giving everything a new name of its own, so that once you start a new game you need to learn every name all over again.

Upvote 0
tbh personally i'd just go for.

Normal
Hardcore
Custom

Both the battlefield franchise, as the call of duty franchise use that naming scheme, so people know what it somewhat means. I personally don't see the need in giving everything a new name of its own, so that once you start a new game you need to learn every name all over again.

Yeah but what you're forgetting is, the relaxed realism mode in RO2 is far, far, far more hardcore and complex than hardcore mode in CoD.

Upvote 0
P.S. Sorry Alan, I'm not a fan of Classic. Realism mode isn't necessarily "just like RO1". It is just more "hardcore" than Relaxed Realism mode.

Your best bet is to go with Hardcore mode for realism and regular/normal for relaxed mode. Every FPS player today knows Hardcore mode is the realistic one without a HUD. So, that would make the 2 modes easiet to distinguish from one another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah but what you're forgetting is, the relaxed realism mode in RO2 is far, far, far more hardcore and complex than hardcore mode in CoD.

well then call it hardcore and super hardcore for all I care. I think that people see the difference between normal ro and normal cod soon enough. Then they can do the math themselves to see what hardcore RO would mean.

Upvote 0