• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help us name our game modes

why not

realism
acrade
custom high
custom low

or

german war machine
french
custom high
custom low

high and low meaning more/less realistic.

or have a check list that pops up when you hover over it.....

i dont what to join 4 servers in a row to find out that they are arcade COD style with no bullet drop when i want a HARD CORE DEATH HELL GERMAN WAR MACHINE style server.

Upvote 0
i dont what to join 4 servers in a row to find out that they are arcade COD style with no bullet drop when i want a HARD CORE DEATH HELL GERMAN WAR MACHINE style server.
My poor mis-guided forum member.:rolleyes:
Reading comprehension trumps reading.....

You've been on these forums for how long now?

Reactions: {Core}Craig
Upvote 0
I don't think they describe the game modes at all. The game in general needs to be immersive and accessable; that is the sort of game which TWI is trying to develop.

You can also argue that a difficulty named immersive is not accessable, or that accessable difficulty is not immersive. Those are adjectives that are not describing the difficulty of the game mode, but rather the atmosphere which a player may find himself in, and I would hope that I find the game accessable and immersive in whichever of the three game modes I find myself in, otherwise the game is a bust.

Err, the point is one mode is MORE immersive and one is MORE accessible one.

By your logic, "realistic" is also a bad name because they're both supposed to be realistic.

The immersive mode has less hud, no radar, so is therefore more immersive.

The accessible mode, has hud and radar so players of regular FPSs aren't lost, ergo its more accessible.

"Veteran" and "recruit" dont describe anything. If anyone guesses it will be that "veteran" is hard, and "recruit" is easy, which is not meant to the point in the different modes.

Upvote 0

By your logic, "realistic" is also a bad name because they're both supposed to be realistic.

The accessible mode, has hud and radar so players of regular FPSs aren't lost, ergo its more accessible.

"Veteran" and "recruit" dont describe anything. If anyone guesses it will be that "veteran" is hard, and "recruit" is easy, which is not meant to the point in the different modes.

I fully agree with this.

Upvote 0

It is cool, difference of opinion is healthy.

All the modes are suppose to be realistic, immersive, and accessible, that is what HOS is striving for as a game, in my view any ways and based on what the devs have described. That is why I have a beef with your naming format.

Your accessible mode should equally be an immersive experience for new time HOS players, even if there is a HUD and helpful battlefield guides. Accessible mode should then be, based on your description, "Accustomed FPS Mode." Devs dont' want to include "realism" in any of their difficulty modes because they feel people will be drawn away. Regardless, the two game modes will clandestinely be, even with different names, Realism and Relaxed Realism (and Custom as third).

Frankly I really don't care what they pick because players will ultimately decide and figure out what mode they like whatever they are called. And I think most of us are over thinking this (including me). Keeping it simple would be best.

So, maybe we need to find a substitute for the word realism, because that is clearly the word the devs want to alter--maybe "Classic":

Classic (RO)
Relaxed Classic
Custom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Triple 25 you seem new, or atleast you dident read the OP.

A: this is not the place to discuss these modes only name them

B: The two modes are there so that the game will be more accessible to people coming from other FPS series like BF or COD. It was noticed in the first RO that the attrition rate of new players was VERY high, but if they got passed the first two days they would stay. This new mode is designed to ease those players into this gameplay by providing more tactical info so they arnent completely lost, and subsequently quit the game. The second mode is just a continuation ( in spirit ) of ROOST, no fancy frills, just you your gun, and arseholes to shoot.

Upvote 0
How about just one mode??

Please no *kuch* noobcore *kuch* i mean hardcore mode!

This is truly THE most annoying gamemode ever invented! Probably was invented by someone who was such a total noob in a game that he wanted an easy way to compensate his lack of aiming abillities.

In noobcore mode each hit is an instant kill, thus not requiring you to have actual any aiming skills to make a second placed shot and finish someone off.

no instead you might just as well run around with a pistol or even a rock and kill someone from 10 miles with a single shot!

Noobcore mode does not require skills, just spray and pray so please leave that out :S

Reactions: Devil_Inside
Upvote 0
hardgay mode (no HUD, overpowered weapons, instant kills no need to aim)

and

skilled mode? (need to actually aim and hit someone twice)

:)

You're coming from BF:BC2, aren't you?
I really like the trolls on the BF forums, which think that you don't have to aim, if most of the weapons kill in one shot. They forget though, that it's as easy to die, as it is "easy" to kill.

Upvote 0