• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guadal Canal Mission/Map?

You do know the term 'jap' can be very offensive to people like the 'N' is to others....

Actually the "N" word isn't offensive. I had to take a few sensitivity courses when I was in the army. I remember some my battle buddies, who were black, said it's not offensive if it's said "correctly." It was a course that was funny as hell, especially when my buddies told us how it sounds when a white person says it. Good times.

Anyway, I believe the US Army at this time was already being equipped and were using M1s, correct? If that is true, then not much has changed with the army getting the expensive toys while the Marines get hand-me-downs.

Yeah, that was a sucker punch.

I honestly would love to see Guadal Canal and Love dove on Okinawa in this mod/game. Hopefully the mod isn't to biased for the Marines, and we can see army units also.

Upvote 0
@Dietrich Graf

If you've been on an army course that says the 'N' word isn't offensive to black people (unless you say it like Bernard Manning or whatever it is you're suggesting by 'how it sounds') and you're now quoting that here as being true then that's probably indicative of a great many problems endemic within the armed forces today.

I don't know whether you're in the Heer or the US/British Army stationed in Germany (judging from your location) but you're clearly a very ignorant person regardless.

That or a very wry comedian. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Dietrich Graf

If you've been on an army course that says the 'N' word isn't offensive to black people (unless you say it like Bernard Manning or whatever it is you're suggesting by 'how it sounds') and you're now quoting that here as being true then that's probably indicative of a great many problems endemic within the armed forces today.

I don't know whether you're in the Heer or the US/British Army stationed in Germany (judging from your location) but you're clearly a very ignorant person regardless.

That or a very wry comedian. ;)

Where did I say the sensitivity course I took said the "N" word was not offensive?

The course I'm speaking of was designed primarily for those that didn't come from culturally diverse places in the US. During the course we learned things that can be offensive to others. Since the "N" was brought up, my good friend, who is Mexican, and blunt, asked why black people can say say the "N" word to each other but the rest of us can't. Then they explained it's not that we can't, but it's how we say it that comes off as offensive.

Even though course was stupid, there was some, including what I mentioned, nuggets of information that I found interesting. Then again, I have always loved reading up on human behavior and non verbal/verbal communication.

However, I'll let those comments slide, Stephen. It just shows that Europeans think they know everything about American culture from watching the Simpsons. I highly doubt the place you are from is as culturally diverse as Houston, Texas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edsons Ridge

Edsons Ridge

How does the battle for Edsons Ridge sound?
Have rows of foxholes 20 ft. apart, Marines using their Springfield Rifles, a couple of Heavy Machine Guns defending the position from wave, after wave, after wave of Japanese Charges?

You'd have to worry about losing ammo, their bayonets getting too close to you, one side of the Ridge mainly getting attacked (after all they did focus mainly on one section of the Ridge).

You have some guys saying fall back while they cover your retreat, then you turn around, call them to come back and covering their retreat like how it actually happened. Of course once a certain amount of Marines on the front row died for the tactical retreats to happen... erhm, sorry tactical re-locating.

I know this topic is old, but how does that sound?

Upvote 0
How does the battle for Edsons Ridge sound?
Have rows of foxholes 20 ft. apart, Marines using their Springfield Rifles, a couple of Heavy Machine Guns defending the position from wave, after wave, after wave of Japanese Charges?

You'd have to worry about losing ammo, their bayonets getting too close to you, one side of the Ridge mainly getting attacked (after all they did focus mainly on one section of the Ridge)...

Id love this, I can see it being very fun.

Upvote 0