• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best and worst of suggestion - Look here before posting

Can't shoot/kill people climbing through windows

Can't shoot/kill people climbing through windows

I noticed in game last night that when i tried to pop someone climbing through a window that the shot didn't register. I'm 98% sure i didn't miss. Also, there are some clear issues with lying prone next to walls, lamp-posts etc. glitching.

on another note, i am totally new to the red orchestra franchise and am very impressed with this game so far. thanks for amking a realistic and hard ww2 simulator game.

Upvote 0
I feel this is VERY important so I'm sticking this here as well.

RO2 needs functions to support more team communication.

1) Color specific chat
- All chat - Red/Green (depending on your team)
- Team chat - White
- Squad Chat - Light Green

2) Squad specific Voice chat.
- Two options for voice chat. Voice chat for whole team, and another for squad only.
- By no means am I suggesting voice chat be for only squads. Just another option for squads only

3) Icon appearing over someone who is using voice chat (seen by teammates only).
- Very annoying when someone is asking for help, but nobody knows who is talking. Are they talking to me? Are they in a different area? During combat, looking for someones name does not come to mind first.
- In real life, you WOULD know who is talking if they are near you. I believe a SMALL icon over the speakers head would replicate that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is an idea to make the game more tactical in realistic difficulty level ....
When a soldier is wounded, according to the severity of the wound, you can have a handicap in movement ...
If you get hit in the leg, limp .. if you get hit in the arm will need to perform all movements with the other arm...

More time to bandage ... and then see the bloody bandages ...

Shock wave of artillery or mortars, you can throw on the ground and suppress but not kill you to be .... of course, mortar and arty will have a range of different effect ....

Upvote 0
I dont know whether you have considered this, but what about the weapon systems that featured at the latter stages of the war like the StG44 Vampire sights or the attachment that allowed it to shoot around a corner. I think this would prove useful for a hero

Please also have a mute for annoying voice spammers as it can spoil gameplay

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. More control of my squad - Allow me to lock the squad, invite and kick players, and be able to place waypoints and paths via the overhead map.

2. Allow server admins to disable the Battlefield Commission system or remove it from the game altogether.

3. Somehow rate wounds and allow more time for bandaging less severe wounds.

4. Perhaps add location specific wounds with specific penalties. ie. slower movement when hit in the leg, less accuracy and reduced grenade throw distance for an arm/hand wound, less running stamina and longer stamina recharge for a torso hit. And for humors sake, a longer respawn time for a nut shot. ;)

5. Add a Squad Leader to Commander VoIP channel.

6. Add considerably more weapon sway after sprinting.

7. Allow more up/down control on player deployed MG's.

8. Add considerably more recoil for undeployed MG's

9. Allow smoke grenades to be thrown farther.

I would like to say for the record that I am extremely impressed and pleased with the beta of the game. I would also like to thank Tripwire for focusing on PC gaming and making me feel that my opinions and preferences in gaming matter.

Sincerely,

[TG] Mindkill

Upvote 0
I dont know whether you have considered this, but what about the weapon systems that featured at the latter stages of the war like the StG44 Vampire sights or the attachment that allowed it to shoot around a corner. I think this would prove useful for a hero

Please also have a mute for annoying voice spammers as it can spoil gameplay

Sorry I thought I would back up my Vampire system

The first military night vision device were introduced by the German army as early as 1939. The first devices were being developed by AEG starting in 1935. By the end of World War II, the German army had equipped approximately 50 Panther tanks, which saw combat on both the Eastern and Western Fronts. The "Vampir" man-portable system for infantrymen was being used with Sturmgewehr 44 assault rifles.[6]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielger%C3%A4t_1229[/URL]

It was used on the eastern front

[url]http://www.achtungpanzer.com/german-infrared-night-vision-devices-infrarot-scheinwerfer.htm[/URL]

Upvote 0
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59237

I've noticed that bodies don't seem to be affected by bullets after they're dead, to the point where I'll kill someone with an SMG and only the first 3 or so bullets have any effect on the animation and the rest just go through as though a body isn't even there anymore.

Personally, I think it'd be cool if all the bullets register when they hit dead bodies, but I guess this might be done on purpose for performance or somethign like that?

Just a thought while playing...

Upvote 0