• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Compiled list of *good* suggestions from RO for ROHOS

he means tripwire, as in tie a pice of wire to the pin of a nade, the stretch it across a doorway, ect so that someone will wlak in and kick the wire, releasing the pin and blowing his leg off witht he nade. Germans in paticular had the habbit of boobytraping buildings like this when they were retreating.

Upvote 0
uh...no sir

uh...no sir

I write bad in english, but I read worst... So you want me to kill the tripware team with a nade... ?

Can that help to see Ro2 sooner or better? :eek:

Not at all, you must all and that includes all clans, set up a defence perimeter around Tripwire HQ and sacrifice yourselves for us living further away.Thus ensuring the release of RO 2.

That is mandatory and all players of RO agree to this

:D

A tripwire is a way of setting up a grenade in the game in say a door-entrance were the wire when stretched,
pulls the pin out of a grenade and the nade explodes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
smokeythebear said:
-More tank combat features (sights getting knocked out, crew burning to death from molo)

I'm gonna add to this: More realistic tanking with real life penetration and armor data being used for rounds and armor as well as things like "overmatch", "shatter gap", and steel quality being accounted for. Angleing should give anywhere from good protection to minimal if any to tanks depending on the above criteria (overmatch,ect.) no longer should the T-34 should be able to deflect a 75mm L/43 and up not matter how you angle it likewise a panzer I should not be able to deflect a Soviet 20mm round if angled. Other tank stuff that would great would be gears for tanks and engine overheat if you use top gear continuously,correct turn radius for tanks (good bye turn fights),tank Mg over heat,ability to shut off engine,Infantry should be able to ride on tanks and vehicles, and also multiple round types would be nice:
AP
APHE
APCBC-(Most German tanks use this as standard round)
HEAT- (was an effective counter measure against the T-34 in a short 75mm L/24 Pz IV ausf A-F in 41-42)
APCR
HE
Canister
smoke
ect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*Fixing of the wheeled stomach syndrome. (When you go to bayonette a proned enemy from behind all they do is slap the mouse a bit and they can instantly rotate on thier stomach and kill you)

*For German machineguns, the ability to choose between having a drum or belt feed.

*For the MG tankers position, the ability to open the hatch like the driver.

*Better cupola views.

*Better and more bayonetting animations.

*Better weapon pickup system.

*REALISTIC tanks with proper armor and penetration modeled. (Fixing of RO's current problems where a slightly angled T34 can take and deflect numerous rounds including 75 mm and 88 mm without damage when the 75 mm KwK 40 L/43 is realistically capable of penetrating a T34 at ranges of up to 1,200 metres at any angle. Also seperate turret armor and roof armor should be modeled.)

*Realistic PTRD meaning fixing what happens currently in RO where it can penetrate 80+ mm of armor instead of 35 mm at 100 m.

*Addition of a REALISTIC PTRS.

*AT guns.

*Rocket artillery.

*Destructable stuff.

*More Smoke/Dust/Gritty atmosphere.

*Continued map balancing after release.

*Some sort of grenade restrictions. (Current maps like KrasnyiOktyabr on a 50 man server have overwelming amounts of grenades going off especially in the first 3 min of a match.)

*Aircraft overhead flybys

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would love to see grenades have more of an effect if they are thrown in a closed off room rather then just out in the open.

Also as someone mentioned, being able to fire the mg42 from the hip (Was able and done in WWII, called the assault stance).

I'd love to also have a chance to team up with an mger and help with his ammo, perhaps have it be similar to how you can give them ammo but instead you are able to feed the belt such and help the reload be faster if someone is helping you. (reminds me of that old TF2 footage that showed players doing this).

Upvote 0
I'm gonna add to this: More realistic tanking with real life penetration and armor data being used for rounds and armor as well as things like "overmatch", "shatter gap", and steel quality being accounted for. Angleing should give anywhere from good protection to minimal if any to tanks depending on the above criteria (overmatch,ect.) no longer should the T-34 should be able to deflect a 75mm L/43 and up not matter how you angle it likewise a panzer I should not be able to deflect a Soviet 20mm round if angled. Other tank stuff that would great would be gears for tanks and engine overheat if you use top gear continuously,correct turn radius for tanks (good bye turn fights),tank Mg over heat,ability to shut off engine,Infantry should be able to ride on tanks and vehicles, and also multiple round types would be nice:
AP
APHE
APCBC-(Most German tanks use this as standard round)
HEAT- (was an effective counter measure against the T-34 in a short 75mm L/24 Pz IV ausf A-F in 41-42)
APCR
HE
Canister
smoke
ect.

speaking of tanks, quite a few of the tanks have glitches that I think could have been corrected in testing (like PzIVH skirts bouncing tank rounds) that I hope doesn't happen again

Upvote 0
I would be happy if they kept what is currently in Ostfront and built upon that. I would hate to see things like weapon rest, dive to prone (I use that so much when sprinting across open areas and being fired at), mg overheating, manual bolting, or other things disapear in order to simplify that game.

However, as far as added suggestions:
- smoother animations. Never bothered me, but it is a main reason that I hear from players who tried Ostfront and quit playing.
- Tone down the angling effects of tanks. I like the idea in principal, but it seems a tad overdone in Ostfront.
- No instantly teleporting in and out of vehicles, or instantaneous movement inside a tank. You don't necessarily need animations for inside movement, just a short delay.
- Some tank combat options as presented with CC (individual crew deaths, no automatic tank fires, etc). Also different hull and turret armor factors. Armor combat doesn't have to become overly complicated compared to Ostfront, but I definitely wouldn't mind if it did either.
- Tanks should be louder.
- Hard to explain, but supression effects that hinder/alter a players ability to respond, but nothing that is severe to the point of causing awkward frustration where people want to give up on the game. Hard to explain, but I am sure everyone has their own similar ideas on this.
- Improved weapon pickup, without automatically dropping your main weapon first. That is frustrating. I would prefer to manually have to discard my weapon first. Perhaps a client side option?
- Mantling
- Bullet penetration at least with thinner objects.

Upvote 0
Being a tanker basicly since the game came out, and still a tankcommander in my unit I want to present some myself, obviously, regarding Tanks.
Some have been already said, but their importance to me, leaves me little choice but to repeat them:

*Tank suspension.
*Tank power versus obstacles; Able to crush or ride over: Trees, fences,..
*Fix the Tiger I, and maybe revise the entire penetration system. This tank, was a beast. Give us less on a map, and on less maps then, but as of now, its a joke.
*Crossing fingers here, but a German scout vehicle/Panzer?
*Additional spot on German tanks? Commander seat. Something near all early Russian tanks lacked, and gave the Germans a great advantage in terms that both commander and gunner in their tank could focus more in his own task at hand instead of having to do boths. Perhaps if so, this could grant a small bonus in..reloading? At least the playable bonus of havning that extra pair of eyes out there while another fiocusses on gunning would aid allot.
*Hatch for Hull-MG gunner.
*Commander able to shoot and lob grenades from his cuppola. Sounds ridiculous? It isnt. This was the best defense for tankers to protect themself againt close quarter anti-tankinfantry. I doubt it will happen to much for fun anyway, as it exposes your gunner/commander to infantryfire...while he has a heavy gun at his command. Yet, I think its crucial for a tanks' survival and will add to realism.
*Animation for climbing on/from tanks, and a small time to do so. A few seconds would do, but it would prevent instantly dissapearing(and often reappering) crew in and of a tank when shooting it.
*Repairs: Small vehicle repairs. Tracklinks, Gundamage, extinguish fires..
I suggest the crew exits, and 'use a repairbutton' while facing the damage perhaps for a number of seconds/minutes? Not to fast, but cant be 10+ minutes, lest the round'll be over or it would be in some cases faster to get a new tank. But around 1 minute app? maybe more/damage?
This would not repair the tank(colours), nor the engine(Large damage, meant for technicians), but small things: Fix a shattered track, repair a jammed gun or MG, Extinguish the fire, so that huge smokecolumn stops and doesnt betray your position to each enemy in the surroundings,...
This would expose the crew, but its that or ignore the damage. However on some occasions, you cannot ignore it.
*More smoke from Firing muzzles. And also inside the tanks as pperhaps on a struck target, and inside there to maybe.
*More rocking power(kickback) for heavy calibres being fired.
*Ability to kill personall in open topped tanks/vehicles with handweapons and grenades.
*More tanks with a tankrider ability.

Versus tanks:
*PTRD less effective, It wasnt that powerfull, but, make it able to shatter
Tracklinks, periscopes(if any) visionslit glass(obscuring view from either a driver or commander for example.) This way the PtRD will be a greater menace to tanks, but less of a solokiller against them.
*Satchels where neither that effective versus mid-late war tanks. sure, they had weak spot, but rarely a satchel is placed there. I suggest minimise the damage of the satchel versus hard targets, unless placed 'correctly', near a crucial part of the tank.
*Back to the PTRD, perhaps allow MG's a very small chance to to shatter visionslit glass. This is one of the sole reasons why Machineguns usually fired on tanks in battle..to try and blind them. The chance should be very low, but exist.

There, all regarding tanks/Panzers, for now.

Upvote 0
I would be happy if they kept what is currently in Ostfront and built upon that. I would hate to see things like weapon rest, dive to prone (I use that so much when sprinting across open areas and being fired at), mg overheating, manual bolting, or other things disapear in order to simplify that game.

However, as far as added suggestions:
- smoother animations. Never bothered me, but it is a main reason that I hear from players who tried Ostfront and quit playing.
- Tone down the angling effects of tanks. I like the idea in principal, but it seems a tad overdone in Ostfront.
- No instantly teleporting in and out of vehicles, or instantaneous movement inside a tank. You don't necessarily need animations for inside movement, just a short delay.
- Some tank combat options as presented with CC (individual crew deaths, no automatic tank fires, etc). Also different hull and turret armor factors. Armor combat doesn't have to become overly complicated compared to Ostfront, but I definitely wouldn't mind if it did either.
- Tanks should be louder.
- Hard to explain, but supression effects that hinder/alter a players ability to respond, but nothing that is severe to the point of causing awkward frustration where people want to give up on the game. Hard to explain, but I am sure everyone has their own similar ideas on this.
- Improved weapon pickup, without automatically dropping your main weapon first. That is frustrating. I would prefer to manually have to discard my weapon first. Perhaps a client side option?
- Mantling
- Bullet penetration at least with thinner objects.

100% Agreed, except for the supression, there is already supression in ostfront (so thats not really 100%, but you know what I mean =P)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
100% Agreed, except for the supression, there is already supression in ostfront (so thats not really 100%, but you know what I mean =P)

Yea but it doesnt work that well tbh, you still get situations where a mger is putting down rounds on a in cover rifle man and he pops and kills the mger in a flash. Happens quite a bit actually apparently DH is trying a new suppression system in the official release and if reports are to believed its working quite well.

Upvote 0