• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

weapon weight should affect the handling

Jolly Jew

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2014
israel
so far,i have yet to see how the gun's weight effect it's preformace, it's not really realistic, and in some cases not very balanced.

first, the gun's weight should affect the stamnia use. the heavier the gun the more strentgth your character spends to run with it, and thus consume more stamina.

second, the heavier the gun, the more time it should take to aim down sights, a small and light PPS should be easier to handle than the heavy and cumbersome MKB.
also, the heavier the gun the more sway it should have. this for example can give an edge of the Mosin nagant over the Tokarev since the bolt-action rifle is lighter and as such, suffer less from sway.

what do you think? another realism factor and not that really hard to program and will definetly add more depth to the game

first, the gun's weight should affect the stamnia use. the heavier the gun the more strentgth your character spends to run with it, and thus consume more stamina.

It does this already. The carry weight of your gear affects both your speed and stamina. It gets quite notable if you carry around the AT rifle, satchels and other heavy objects at once.

As for the other things, it would be nice to see them added but I doubt it will happen :(.

Upvote 0
While I agree with you in principle and I would like to see more inertia in game, I would suggest that the mutator is the only answer at this point. The odds that TWI will change anything relating to weapons and loadout behaviour far after release are slim to none, the majority of players are likely happy with it as is.

Upvote 0
While a growing small subset of players are aware of and like the IOM, the majority don't have a clue about it. Yet.

If it gets whitelisted, the exposure will surely change. If it then proves popular, I could see the possibility of some of it being rolled by TWI into the game, maybe as a new version of Classic or some other named mode, maybe into the base game itself.

I just don't see TWI focusing on adding more realistic features to RO2, the style of gameplay is as they envisioned it from the beginning and their target. Unless the majority of the playerbase clamors for it, I'd expect more of the same in the future. If the small subset of the IOM, combined arms fans and like minded gamers becomes larger, more popular and a more attractive market, we might see changes in RO3.

Upvote 0