• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Eyefinity/nVidia Surround - Do You Use It?

I have a few questions for people who use either AMD Eyefinity or nVidia Surround multi-monitor solutions. If you don't use either of those technologies, please disregard this thread.

For those who do use it, I'm after some information about your various setups in the interest of potentially adding some better UI support for the ultrawide configurations. If you could answer the following questions, it would be very helpful.

AMD or nVidia:
Resolution of individual monitors:
Bezel compensation? (Y/N):
Total resolution:
Number of monitors:
Monitor configuration (e.g. 3 x 1 Horizontal, 5 x 1 Vertical):

Menus/HUD look ok currently?

So for instance, in my case the response would be:

AMD or nVidia: AMD
1920 x 1200
N
Total resolution:
5760 x 1200
Number of monitors:
3 x 1 Horizontal
Menus/HUD look ok in your step? No. Game menus are stretched horribly and actually go off the top and bottom of the screen, making some options impossible to see/change. In game HUD has some elements correctly sized but located on the extreme left and right of my screens while other items that are centred (like the command rose and scoreboard) are stretched so badly they're almost unreadable.

Last edited:
1920 x 1080
N
Total resolution:
5760 x 1080
Number of monitors:
3 x 1 Horizontal
Menus/HUD look ok currently? Nope
I think it is pretty obvious what menu features are broken,

Although i would quite like to have all the UI features when you are playing the game on the Central Screen. so just using the standard UI for when you play on a single screen, on the central screen. That would pretty much fix all of the scaling issues with the UI for me in game. As i use the side screens for peripheral vision. (this could be quite an easy fix to implement i assume?)

At the moment though when i am in a maschochistic mood i do like to play RO2 in eyefinity mode. However that is once in a blue moon at the moment due to how much i have to move my head around to get all the information from all the UI features when playing. But apart from that its pretty fun in eyefinity mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Resolution of individual monitors: 1920x1080
Bezel compensation? (Y/N): Y
Total resolution: 3396x1920
Number of monitors: 3
Monitor configuration (e.g. 3 x 1 Horizontal, 5 x 1 Vertical): 3 x 1 Vertical
Menus/HUD look ok currently? Mostly yes, as its a res close to regular widescreen monitors (all info is incredibly big though), however with team selection, map, and scoreboard important information often falls behind one of the bezels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if you're still looking for info on this but the recent fixes still need some work.
AMD or nVidia:
AMD
2048x1152
N
Total resolution:
6144x1152
Number of monitors:
3x1 Horizontal
Menus/HUD look ok currently?
Still several problems. Firstly the 3D elements indicating spotted targets and objective locations that are brought up with T are misaligned to the point of being unusable. Secondly the campaign map UI is squashed including the chat box. The interactive map elements are also higher than they should be. Lastly the steam workshop UI is not correctly positioned causing the no. bots and bot difficulty drop boxes to be cut off.

Upvote 0
I'm aware of two of those issues. I have a fix for the 3D world icons already, but the campaign map is a little more complicated. Fixing it has a side effect of breaking it for non-Eyefinity. I'm still trying to figure out a solution to that.

The Steam Workshop UI used to work fine, so I suspect some other unrelated changes may have undone some of the compatibility. I shouldn't have too much trouble sorting that out. Thanks for letting me know.

Upvote 0
AMD or nVidia: nVidia
Resolution of individual monitors: 1920x1080
Bezel compensation? (Y/N): N
Total resolution: 5760x1080
Number of monitors: 3
Monitor configuration (e.g. 3 x 1 Horizontal, 5 x 1 Vertical): 3x1 Horizontal
Menus/HUD look ok currently? I haven't tried yet because I've been reading that the HUD stretches when you get into wider resolutions so that's a a total turn off, probably won't try surround until a fix is up.

Upvote 0