• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm is now on the Steam store.

Not quite...

Ro2 owner who pays for RS --> full content, gets discount on RS.

Ro2 owner who doesn't pay for RS --> maybe only rifleman class in RS, gets RS for free.

RS owner without original Ro2 --> Pays full price for RS, cannot play RO2 SP, no other penalties.
I am quite content with that. At least I'll be able to check out how the game plays (in terms of map and general combat) and then - if this will be good enough - I buy full version at a discount.

Upvote 0
Yeah more and more companies are going the way of paid DLC's.... and if it's an full expansion which is optional, I have no issue with that. If I am interested in it, I'll buy it.

When it comes to paying for a couple of maps or a couple of new weapons, that's just money grabbing BS.

RS isn't.

Which is what most expansions have been, traditionally. Content wise, Rising Storm is more like a traditional expansion. Different theme, entirely new set of weapons, different countries, new maps (I assume there are at least 8?) and some new types of weapons.

Rising Storm was always a mod, and since it was announced it was said that if the quality was nearing retail game quality they would incorporate it into RO2 officially, polish it up, and release it as a paid product.

I for one am glad that it will be an RO type game without Germans, which have gotten so over used in every WWII game.

I would have preferred if they made some core changes to the movement system, texture pop in issues, and hit detection though.

Price wise I am hoping for $15-20 which seems fair for what it is, IMO.

• Don't buy it and end up at a disadvantage due to having a limited version

• Jump from server to server in order to keep playing the game you want (RO2 or RS)

• Stop Playing due to Frustration of the option 3

You will still have the same content you had before, so you won't have a "limited" version. RO2 will be the same. You'll just lack the new content. When SWAT 4 or IL-2 (insert game of your choice) released an expansion did you get upset that you did not have all of the new content?

Ironically, the other two points were what I and others disliked about the various difficultly/gameplay and game mode types in the base game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0