• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ohmwrecker's impressions on Rising Storm

The game looks great and I'm definitely excited, but is anyone else mildly disturbed that in all these previews the player defaults to automatics / sub-machine guns. I only skimmed through the video, so maybe I missed a couple. But I don't seem to remember the gamespot preview using rifles either. IGN's FPS Friday used the arisaka a little bit... My concern is that, just as in HOS, automatic weapons will remain too dominate.

Yes, it always bugs me that just about every other weapon is shown or highlighted except rifles (very rarely) in any review or promo video. Its almost as if they were to show its use, it might be deemed 'boring' even though a good majority of the Japanese players will end up using one.

Sigh... :(

Upvote 0
Yes, it always bugs me that just about every other weapon is shown or highlighted except rifles (very rarely) in any review or promo video. Its almost as if they were to show its use, it might be deemed 'boring' even though a good majority of the Japanese players will end up using one.

Sigh... :(

..or it's as if we have a special feature on the rifles coming up and you are just being over-pessimistic...

...time will tell ;)

Upvote 0
..or it's as if we have a special feature on the rifles coming up and you are just being over-pessimistic...

...time will tell ;)

Perhaps, but if you were to look at past and current RS promo vids and reviews (and those of ROHOS), you will see rifles take a far back seat to almost all other weapons and its hard to deny that.

However, if you are hinting at a promo featuring rifles, then I look forward to it!

Upvote 0