• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ohmwrecker's impressions on Rising Storm

that flamethrower just looked like an auto-kill button. Watch the bit where hes hid behind the sandbags, it more reminiscent of Doom that RO. And the capacity for tk's.....

I agree, the Flamethrower is to OP.... it's needs to be nerfed or removed from the game completely.

That's right, gonna get the "Weapon is too OP" comments in before the game is even released :cool:

Do I get a medal.... or an Achievement? ;)

Upvote 0
that flamethrower just looked like an auto-kill button. Watch the bit where hes hid behind the sandbags, it more reminiscent of Doom that RO. And the capacity for tk's.....

It's an ambush\''sneak-up-and-woosh'' weapon. Only thing I think would be necessary to 'fix' with the Flamethrower is encumberance and how much fuel you get.

He is slow, he is vulnerable, has a limited range and can't use his weapon without becoming a bigass ''SHOOT HERE''-flare. He gets close: You're gonna get crispy!

Upvote 0

Every gun is an auto-kill button, cept this one is volumetric and very slow and easy to spot from a distance. And the capacity for tks makes it all the more worse :p

Japan 24/7

Upvote 0
I really think taking a look at the flamethrower from BC2 Vietnam would be good here. Specifically the sound. From that demo it seemed like the screaming went on for a second than *plop*, they fall over dead as if they took a bullet to the head. To improve that I think creating some animations to show the guy taking a few extra steps then falling over dead (Similar to the death animations that play before you ragdoll when shot in certain areas) would be good paired with some screaming and whatnot. Seeing someone burning alive, screaming for three seconds, than dying and not really screaming at all detracts from the immersion a bit. That's what I think could be done to improve the flamer. Other than that the flamer looked like a good weapon to clear out areas inside similarly to real life. Next all we need is for it to kill people by suffocation rather than fire particles :p

Upvote 0
The game looks great and I'm definitely excited, but is anyone else mildly disturbed that in all these previews the player defaults to automatics / sub-machine guns. I only skimmed through the video, so maybe I missed a couple. But I don't seem to remember the gamespot preview using rifles either. IGN's FPS Friday used the arisaka a little bit... My concern is that, just as in HOS, automatic weapons will remain too dominate.

Upvote 0