• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm GDC Extravaganza!!!

Ramm as you state your ready to discuss pricing

Ok how much is RS going to cost those of us who own RO ? please

Actually I stated we're NOT ready to talk price yet. When we get near to finishing a game, we look at it and go "how much do we think this is worth"? So when we reach that point, you all will know, and you'll see pre-orders likely around the same time. Regarding exactly what the discount will be for RO2 owners, we're still working those details out about exactly how it will function with Valve. You'll likely get an answer to both of them around when the pre-orders launch. And really, the price doesn't matter until you can actually buy it anyway :)

Upvote 0
Actually I stated we're NOT ready to talk price yet. When we get near to finishing a game, we look at it and go "how much do we think this is worth"? So when we reach that point, you all will know, and you'll see pre-orders likely around the same time. Regarding exactly what the discount will be for RO2 owners, we're still working those details out about exactly how it will function with Valve. You'll likely get an answer to both of them around when the pre-orders launch. And really, the price doesn't matter until you can actually buy it anyway :)
I'm ready to buy it right now. :cool:

Upvote 0
Regarding exactly what the discount will be for RO2 owners, we're still working those details out about exactly how it will function with Valve.

You could try something like GSC did with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and use an "Ownership Check" that's automatically installed under the Tools Tab on steam for everyone that owns the game. This "Ownership Check" granted a fixed percentage discount on the sequel game right on the store page.

Capturar.JPG

Upvote 0
You could try something like GSC did with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and use an "Ownership Check" that's automatically installed under the Tools Tab on steam for everyone that owns the game. This "Ownership Check" granted a fixed percentage discount on the sequel game right on the store page.

View attachment 12218

They were able to give RO1 owners a discount for pre-ordering RO2, so I doubt that's what he's talking about.

Upvote 0
They were able to give RO1 owners a discount for pre-ordering RO2, so I doubt that's what he's talking about.

Wait, what?!
I don't remember getting a discount... :eek:

edit: That's because I didn't. I have RO1 since 2007 and paid U$39.99 (10% discount for pre-ordering was issued for everyone) for the Deluxe Edition like everyone else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Weird I got RO1 in 2009 and still received the discount on my pre-order. But I got the regular edition.

Are you talking about the 10% discount for pre-ordering? That was up for everyone not just for who owned RO1...

edit: according to ROHoS page owners of RO1 were supposed to get a 20% discount.

Strangely enough it didn't apply to me oO

Attachments

• Capturar.JPG
    Capturar.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you talking about the 10% discount for pre-ordering? That was up for everyone not just for who owned RO1...

I'm almost certain there was no universal discount on pre-orders .. but its been a while and my memory might be betraying me. So if thats the case, then what did RO1 owners get? I'm certain that TWI promised something :confused:

Edit:

I guess there was glitch in the system, that's the only way I can explain it : o Maybe you should bring it up with either Valve or TWI, as if what you say its true it was a gross error on the payment system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm almost certain there was no universal discount on pre-orders .. but its been a while and my memory might be betraying me. So if thats the case, then what did RO1 owners get? I'm certain that TWI promised something :confused:

Edit:

I guess there was glitch in the system, that's the only way I can explain it : o Maybe you should bring it up with either Valve or TWI, as if what you say its true it was a gross error on the payment system.

It was 10% off all pre-orders (this is what I got since I didn't own RO1), and another 10% for those that owned RO1, giving them a 20% discount.

Upvote 0
Don't give a damn about pricing, you've already sold me.

It looks great!! Although I do find the Eastern Front to be the most interesting aspect of the war , I think the Pacific theater has never gotten the gritty ala RO treatment that it needs. I think you took the right direction by focusing your efforts towards Rising Storm.

There will inevitably be an influx of population from RS. IIRC, you said you're dropping some HoS fixes along with RS - very wise move. If we can retain the returns/newcomers then we could have a very sustainable community :). With vehicle modders, map contests, Grabenkrieg, devoted community members, etc.... the state of the game is looking fantastic. And I was one of the Ostfronter's saying I'm sea sick in September 2011 but I'm glad I never jumped ship. Everyone knows TWI is a great company - even with the deckhands questioning the admiralty and a gash in the hull, I think we'll find port.

Upvote 0

How about an extra discount for those with the "In Before Reset" Achievement?
:)

Upvote 0