• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wheres our promised mac red orchestra 2?!?!?!?!?

Upvote 0
Where's my Red Orchestra 2 for the Wii??!!

I want to be able to swing my controller to club enemies or bayonet them.... I want to hop on my WiiFit board to run and mantle, letting my own stamina judge how long I can run!!!
cool! now that you've talked about it, i can come back in four months and say it was promised to us. i can't wait! :D
isaac, awesome first post! thanks!:D

Upvote 0
Regular Use
Linux>Mac/Windows
Gaming
Windows>Mac/Linux
Compatibility
Windows>Linux/Mac
Development use (music,3d,video etc.)
Windows>Mac>Linux
Stability
Linux>Windows/Mac
Price
Linux>Windows>Mac

Again i see no reason for Mac.

You know those Windows ads that were on t.v a couple of years ago? Edited on macs lol

But yeah, Macs do suck, I regret getting one as my first laptop.

Upvote 0
Regular Use
Linux>Mac/Windows
Gaming
Windows>Mac/Linux
Compatibility
Windows>Linux/Mac
Development use (music,3d,video etc.)
Windows>Mac>Linux
Stability
Linux>Windows/Mac
Price
Linux>Windows>Mac

Again i see no reason for Mac.

Haha thanks for saying it! Personally I would love it if they supported every platform. Smaller game studios are known to do this and I doubt it'd be too much of a big deal, although I don't know how things are with UE3.

At least they could try to make in pain free to run through wine.

Upvote 0
I hate to make this into a Mac bashing thread, but I never had a positive experience with Macs.... ever.

Used them in High School and they were limited and a bit too basic for my liking (power mac)

Then when I got out of college and got into Photography, the studio used Mac G4's.... which again were pretty basic, limiting in what you can do.... and when using Photoshop for retouching and photo packages, every 30 minutes or so the system froze with no warning or explanation and no way to get out of it except to restart the whole system, losing everything I was working on.

There was no error report, not warning, nothing.... I couldn't even determine what caused the problem, so it just kept happening and all you could do was to reset the damn thing and hope it didn't happen again.

Then they took it to a Mac repair place, said they needed more ram and a better video card.... paid twice as much for all of that then they would have with a PC and it still didn't fix the damn problem.... eventually I just moved over to the old PC they had sitting in the corner they used for scanning and updating the web site. It didn't have nearly as much RAM or CPU power due to being pretty old, but it got the job done and never crashed.

And of course my wife got an Ipod a few years back.... after about 4 months the entire thing just froze up and there was no way to turn it off or fix it except to let the battery drain..... but once it charged and turned on again, you'd just get the same frozen screen..... ship it to Apple to let them take a look at it, which they just ended up sending her a new one, which only ended up doing the same thing a few months later..... she went through 4 replacement Ipods before she just said screw it and go a Creative ZEN.

Maybe they didn't like her music.

I've got plenty more stories of Macs being unreliable & overpriced piles of garbage marketed for eliteest yuppies in their black beret, thick 60's style glasses sipping their lat

Last edited:
Reactions: billydakid
Upvote 0
i hate to make this into a mac bashing thread, but i never had a positive experience with macs.... Ever.

Used them in high school and they were limited and a bit too basic for my liking (power mac)

then when i got out of college and got into photography, the studio used mac g4's.... Which again were pretty basic, limiting in what you can do.... And when using photoshop for retouching and photo packages, every 30 minutes or so the system froze with no warning or explanation and no way to get out of it except to restart the whole system, losing everything i was working on.

There was no error report, not warning, nothing.... I couldn't even determine what caused the problem, so it just kept happening and all you could do was to reset the damn thing and hope it didn't happen again.

Then they took it to a mac repair place, said they needed more ram and a better video card.... Paid twice as much for all of that then they would have with a pc and it still didn't fix the damn problem.... Eventually i just moved over to the old pc they had sitting in the corner they used for scanning and updating the web site. It didn't have nearly as much ram or cpu power due to being pretty old, but it got the job done and never crashed.

And of course my wife got an ipod a few years back.... After about 4 months the entire thing just froze up and there was no way to turn it off or fix it except to let the battery drain..... But once it charged and turned on again, you'd just get the same frozen screen..... Ship it to apple to let them take a look at it, which they just ended up sending her a new one, which only ended up doing the same thing a few months later..... She went through 4 replacement ipods before she just said screw it and go a creative zen.

Maybe they didn't like her music.

I've got plenty more stories of macs being unreliable & overpriced piles of garbage marketed for eliteest yuppies in their black beret, thick 60's style glasses sipping their lat

Upvote 0
I really like open source software, I really do (No, I'm not cheap, I donate to Linux Mint every month) but I'm also practical and some games just don't run in WINE. So I have a partition with Windows XP just for games.

And regarding macs: I used my friends mac when I was visiting him. I was not impressed. :)

Upvote 0