• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wheres our promised mac red orchestra 2?!?!?!?!?

It was one of the problems with im sure considering the open maps and clutter.

So, unsupported speculation. There are a lot more technical aspects to making a port than the draw call count. I should also note that almost every other open-world game Rockstar made for the console ended up getting ported to the PC, with significantly further render distance (Many more objects shown) and higher graphic quality. They're drawing more objects, and doing it better.

Witcher 2 has high specs for PC but was converted to console missing some lighting.

High specs? I don't think you can call it "high specs" when my computer, which hasn't had a meaningful upgrade in about 4 years, exceeds the specs for it. It's also worth noting that the game was designed with console compatibility in mind from the onset. Not only do they keep things down, it appears the console version also has reduced shaders, reduced filter quality, increased culling, and reduced texture resolution.

...and it isn't really impressive, graphics-wise. It's decent, but there are better-looking PC games out there. I still think it'd be hillarious seeing them try to get Shogun 2 or Planetside 2 working on a console. Even RO2, built on an engine intended for console games, would need a lot of hacking-down...

I still don't see any reason to expect the next generation of consoles to clearly out-perform PCs. None of these issues are new.

Last edited:
Upvote 0