• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free weekend warning?

Will you (TW) warn us prior to the free weekend for the game? Cause I want to tell my friends when the free weekend before it actually gets to the weekend.

Frizz

When the update releases they might add some sort of a small marketing campaign around the free weekend. That's at least how they did it with the first KF free weekend if I recall. In order to maximize the people trying out the game and perhaps buying it TWI probably wants as many players as possible during their free weekend time.

Obtaining more players is one of the key points that HOS will need for long term survival. So free weekend + a special sale after all the fixes are in, is probably TWI's best bet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A common desire of us all is more players, so one of the most important ingredients will be us, who already play the game. Please be on your best behavior, be courtious and helpful. TWB*SlowBull

This is important.

Please everyone, you are likely to get TK'd a lot during the free weekends. Please take it with good grace and just enjoy the fun.

Upvote 0
This is important.

Please everyone, you are likely to get TK'd a lot during the free weekends. Please take it with good grace and just enjoy the fun.
That was also the case with the Christmas Sales I think. Lots of new players that didn't really know how to distinguish friend from foe. Although I do think (and hope) that the TK problem will be less with the Action Mode.

Just try to stay civil and tell the TK'er how to tell who's on which side (different running animation and so).

Upvote 0
A common desire of us all is more players, so one of the most important ingredients will be us, who already play the game. Please be on your best behavior, be courtious and helpful. TWB*SlowBull
agreed! if we all act like adults, while being tk'd that weekend, we'll all be better off in the long run.
i hope twi gives plenty of warning before the free weekend and i hope they let people download early.

Upvote 0
It will also be important to make sure that all the new players have fun.
And that means making sure that the vets/good players dont take the easy way out. IE defending on commisar house, red october etc. New players will definately shy away from HOS after getting their butts kicked on these maps.

So for the sake of this game and everyone who loves it, we must all play with honor. Dinner times over Ill see you guys on 2FJG.

~Flavin

Upvote 0
I think that server admins should review their friendly fire settings during the free weekend. On our servers I will increase the amount of TKs allowed to avoid situation when a new player gets kicked after killing a few team mates.
that's a very good idea. i hope the other server admins notice this post and do likewise. i still remember the first time i played and couldn't make out friend from foe. some people shoot first and ask questions later.;)

Upvote 0
++ what Flavin420 said, ther's no honor in "owning noobs" as there's none in owning the bots. For the good of the game, throttle back your leetness on the free weekend. GGS > kills TWB*SlowBull

Ehhh, while I'm all for attracting new players and I hope TWI get plenty of them, I honestly think that the biggest distraction to those potentially buying the game will be the new customers themselves. Foul mouthing and spamming the VOIP, TK'ing and acting all leet. Yeah, you all know exactly what I am talking about. I don't care to hear all the racist cr@p and stuff about someone's mother's private parts.

That said, I'm going to be nice as usual and play exactly the same as I always do. That is till I am so annoyed by the BS that I leave the server.

Upvote 0

Exactly. We are the userbase and its our part to be on our best behavior in supporting TWI to give the new players a warm welcome and help them along as best we can.

Upvote 0