• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which mode do you intend to play the most?

Which mode do you intend to play the most?

• Total voters
Don't be snooty, people like it, deal with it.

You are going to cause a rift in the community with that attitude, but wait, that's what you want to do isn't it? That's why you make all these threads about only having the classic mode, throwing people out on their butts eventhough they've been playing the Realism mode for 9 months. If I didn't know any better I could swear you were trolling the forums to get back at TWI because the game didn't meet your idealistic views.

Still, its sad to see.. what about all other players that are not a part of the community. If enough people wont play Classic then I can never play the game again until another RO title is released.

Upvote 0
There is a rather large disconnect between these forums and reality.

Tens of thousands of RO2 faithful play the game regularly, enough that you will always find a thousand or more playing at any given time.

On the other hand, in the forums, you have the same 200 people arguing the same topics thread after thread after thread. Even if they all agreed, there isn't enough to fill a 16 man server 24/7. That's the truth.

The real unsung heroes of Stalingrad are all the casual gamers who play through ;)

still doesn't make any sense doh. people clearly wanted a classic mode we have had it for around a month or so now in beta and still no one will play it. at most maybe 30 people on the servers at a peak time.

i gave up on the game a while ago but want to get back into it, but every time i jump in the beta there's like 3 people and 15 bots. im sick of feckin bots!

also the maps are bloody boring as hell its out over half a year and we have 1 new map in the beta. I have seen 1 other custom map in the original RO2.

Upvote 0
I think a lot of newcomes would've been a little mislead by the names of these modes. I think everyone always prefers a game that is realistic, especially when they're looking into ww2 theatre. But as TW has quite biased view of what realism is (we've seen it all, recon planes, bandaging etc), it's very unfair connotation for the Classic mode and the other being called realism.

I have no doubt a lot of people would've agreed that the Classic mode should be called the Realism as it portrays the infantry mechanics most accurately. And the realism mode that is now should be called either relaxed realism or casual. And if TWI had done that at the release, the game would've been a success.

Upvote 0
I think a lot of newcomes would've been a little mislead by the names of these modes. I think everyone always prefers a game that is realistic, especially when they're looking into ww2 theatre. But as TW has quite biased view of what realism is (we've seen it all, recon planes, bandaging etc), it's very unfair connotation for the Classic mode and the other being called realism.

I have no doubt a lot of people would've agreed that the Classic mode should be called the Realism as it portrays the infantry mechanics most accurately. And the realism mode that is now should be called either relaxed realism or casual. And if TWI had done that at the release, the game would've been a success.

And that is something that will be argued over and over. Personally I think Realism has a lot of realistic features in it, but when you lump them together and put them in a game setting, it leads to a less realistic playing experience compared to, in this case, Classic. But no sense arguing over that now.

So I just hope that when the update is released they call Classic mode "Classic Realism"

Upvote 0
Yep people coming to the game without prior knowledge who are coming because they want realism may be disappointed after playing Realism mode, but if they played Classic they may have got a better impression of the game. The reason they called it realism in the first place was because they thought they had to make a mode that was for the original RO players, but they didn't expect them to end up being the main players of the game. They thought Normal/Relaxed realism would be the main game mode originally, with Countdown/ Firefight being the main game modes. They just had a totally different aim with the game than we expected originally, and realism mode was more of an afterthought

They should probably just not call realism a mode at all, just have it as the normal game mode, then have Action and Classic as alternatives

Upvote 0
What? Does it always zoom in Classic when going in IS? You can't control your zoom like in Realism (put IS zoom to 0 and use zoom only with shift)?
You can still set your zoom level to 0 in the ini. file but you won't be able to zoom in with the shift button like you used to do in realism mode.

You know that you get the same IS zoom both on classic and on realism, right? The only difference is that classic doesn't have the extra shift zoom.

In realism mode I can set my IS zoom to zero in the ini. file, because zoom hampers your efficiency in close quarters(especially as a rifleman), but when I start engaging long range targets I just press shift to zoom in.
As shift zoom is gone in classic mode that is no longer possible and I am either forced to use the zoom all the time or have no zoom at all.

Upvote 0
There are going to be server customizations. Servers admins will be able to pick and choose from the best of both worlds, if I am not mistaken?

Realism/Classic anyone?

Yes. I vote realism with Classic loadouts. But that's just me.

Still, I wouldn't sell Normal short either. It isn't getting much love in this forum, but I think it will be the most popular. We'll see.

Upvote 0
In realism mode I can set my IS zoom to zero in the ini. file, because zoom hampers your efficiency in close quarters(especially as a rifleman), but when I start engaging long range targets I just press shift to zoom in.
As shift zoom is gone in classic mode that is no longer possible and I am either forced to use the zoom all the time or have no zoom at all.

That's not good. That is actually very bad. If I may offtopic a bit more, could someone tell me why on earth this kind of solution?

Zoom is horrible in close quarters and without zoom it's not that nice in long distances. Why make things worse and remove the controllable shift zoom if there still is zoom?

Upvote 0
That's not good. That is actually very bad. If I may offtopic a bit more, could someone tell me why on earth this kind of solution?

Zoom is horrible in close quarters and without zoom it's not that nice in long distances. Why make things worse and remove the controllable shift zoom if there still is zoom?

This has been brought up a hell of a lot by Zets and the Beta testers, hopefully TWI listens.

Upvote 0