• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Population Savour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinist

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2012
I think realistically the only thing which will drag people back to the game again is the RO2 mods and Rising Storm, i doubt we are going to get flooded with players from updates but it will help to keep the population more stable and bring back lurkers etc so the games arent useless by any means.

So to the Rising Storm Team.... GIVE EM HELL!

Anyone else feel the same?

p.s i missed spelt savior :(

Last edited:
I think realistically the only thing which will drag people back to the game again is the RO2 mods and Rising Storm, i doubt we are going to get flooded with players from updates but it will help to keep the population more stable and bring back lurkers etc so the games arent useless by any means.

About the only thing that should bring players back would be free mods like Rising Storm and In Country. Players aren't going to be duped paying for bugs again.

I also feel that those two mods should allow MASSIVE beta testing by the community...testing not playing.

PSS: Misspelled <------- :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I disagree.

Mods may bring in old players and some new, but updates will also definitely bring in old players. Have you not been reading the forums filled with people who say they will come back when x issue is solved (many of which have been solved in the Beta), or are waiting for Classic mode?

And free weekends and sales will bring in new players.

The question is whether they stay, and for how long.

Upvote 0
I disagree too. The only disappointment for with RO2 was the number of maps. ROOST opened with 16 maps (although it felt like a lot more). Glitches aside, I think this single factor has been the main cause for the sharp drop in numbers.

I'm still playing though; occasionally. :eek:

Upvote 0

i dont think so :)

Upvote 0
I think with the upcoming classic, mode that also will (hopefully) bring features like the online campaign mode, combined with a free weekend and maybe a steam sale we will get a fair ammount of new and interested players. After that Tripwire should work on more content. Like new maps, vehicles etc.

Upvote 0
ummm can someone explain what is going on? ive been away since i bought the game on release because the game blew and population sunk to practically 0 players. what is classic what is action. why is there a beta. what the hell is going on?

At risk of falling victim to a troll...

I could link you to some threads, but at this point it becomes a lot of reading.

To sum up, Classic is a new mulitplayer mode that is a concession to RO:Ost. fans who complained about things like run speed, lockdown, spawn on squad leader, weapon sway, shift-zoom, unlocks, and weapon loadouts. All those things and more have been variously removed or tweaked, to great fanfare by many. Action mode, at the other end of the spectrum, is a "spare time" experiment on the part of some of the devs to possibly make relaxed mode more casual than it is, to sharpen the contrast between the 3 basic modes the game will offer. For Action mode the main difference is 3 things: it has crosshairs, no more free aim, and players take more damage (or guns do less damage, I forget which).

The beta has always been around to test various things, especially stress tests on server tweaks, but has become the proving ground for Classic mode and various gameplay tweaks to Realism modes, the new map, and briefly to test Action mode. I could be wrong, but it seems like most or all updates to the game will see a test run in the beta.

You can find all the changelogs for Classic and Realism mode in the sticky threads here:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123

And a discussion of Action mode here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=78111

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.