• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When does the next update come?

Choose? Usually when ISP's are able to restrict bandwidth in such a way, they tend to have a monopoly with no other ISP's to threaten them with unlimited bandwidth connections.
Thus most of the people that are a subscriber to such an ISP, don't really have a choice, as there's either no competition or competition that doesn't threaten such a model.

I only know flatrates with unlimited traffic, flatrates that get limited after
a specific size of traffic and this contracts that allows you to stay online
as long as you want, but the traffic is limited to X gigabytes and you have
to pay for each additional Gig.
In which region is only a traffic limited flatrate available, and how much
would this 4 gig cost?

On one side i understand people with limited internet connections.
But on the other, i dont understand why you buy a game where you have
to expect to download some gig big updates when you don

Upvote 0
A big patch once a month wouldn't hurt..... every month in most developed nations, people's bandwidth is reset every month anyways.

I get 100GB a month.... may bump it up in the future.

Once I use it up in the month, I can still go online, my internet speed just drops until reset..... no biggie for me personally speaking.

An update at least once a month would probably keep me interested for longer, but since there hasn't really been an update to the official game in a few months now, I know I'm not missing anything.

Choose? Usually when ISP's are able to restrict bandwidth in such a way, they tend to have a monopoly with no other ISP's to threaten them with unlimited bandwidth connections.
Thus most of the people that are a subscriber to such an ISP, don't really have a choice, as there's either no competition or competition that doesn't threaten such a model.

Which is true in many places.... back where I lived in Canada, I could go DSL, Cable or many other options for internet, which most were unlimited.... however where I live in Australia, although there are a number of internet providers, the area I live has Telstra holding a monopoly on the phone lines (& TV Cable/Cable Internet doesn't seem to be the same as in Canada) and if I want to go through another provider, I have to first dish out a crap load of money to Telstra to allow another ISP to use their lines, which makes it not worth it in the long run..... so depending on how much I pay Telstra, I have a certain cap limit.

Right now it's 100GB, but it can certainly go higher if I pay enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which ISP do you have and how much do you pay for it.
And how big is your bandwith, DSL6000?
Internode (but really it's Telstra). About $80/month including telephone line rental as I can't get Naked DSL in my area.

ADSL 2+, line speed varies but seems to average around 400kb/s (over twice as good as I was able to get in Canberra).

I don't really mind patches as I don't use 60GB a month - it's more the time it takes to download them - but I do understand the problem because I have rarely been as lucky as I am now and have usually had a much slower and more limited internet connection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't really mind patches as I don't use 60GB a month - it's more the time it takes to download them - but I do understand the problem because I have rarely been as lucky as I am now and have usually had a much slower and more limited internet connection.

At the end of the last century as Counterstrike was free, when they released an update - we had to download the 300 MB file with a 56k modem, but you only could download it with about 30 kb/s.
And at this time, you had no flatrate, so you had to run the PC all the night and download the update 12 hours or longer, and for each
minute you had to pay a lot money.

Sorry, but i think it is OK that some people have to download it some
hours. I don

Upvote 0
patience is a virtue.
i prefer a well tested, big update without game-breaking bugs to a series of small patches that sometimes introduce more problems than they solve.
sure it would be nice to already have some of the working refinements in the stock game, but yoshiro gave a reasonable explanation why they didn't roll out a patch yet and i can wait few more weeks.

honestly, i dont think im being at all reasonable saying i've waited enough already. The game was released 13 september 2011, almost 8 months ago now, and the BETA began 2 weeks prior to release.

If i were to say games that are released in a near perfect balance/ gameplay state, they all have ~~ 6month - 1year long BETA's. (Mount and blade warband, Natural selection 2 (not released but still almost perfect gameplay after long BETA from an indie team)).

I'm not hating, im just saying the decision by tripwire, a team i do really like, to have a two week pre-order BETA, was bizzarre.

So as i say, i think we've waited long enough.

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Well if that's all that you care about, then why don't you play the beta?

BTW don't expect anything earth shattering from classic mode, it's the same ol' game but with a couple of more or less sutble tweaks added to it.

i played the beta.

I dont particularly like playing 5 v 5 matches so im waiting for it release officially and hopefully get more players.

Also frankly i cant be bothered to play a beta. I'm pretty busy and i only have a few hours per week to play games; so if im gonna play a game, im gonna play REAL one.

Upvote 0
Hearing about the restrictions and speeds you guys outside of the US deal with, I honestly don't know how you can survive. I get 8 to 10 mb/s download speeds, and average 10 to 15 gigs downloaded per DAY. I can't imagine living with less. Even my smart phone is faster than many of the download speeds I hear about, and it also has unlimited data.

I think you guys need to organize a revolution against your ISPs, force them into the 21st century!

Upvote 0
Hearing about the restrictions and speeds you guys outside of the US deal with, I honestly don't know how you can survive. I get 8 to 10 mb/s download speeds, and average 10 to 15 gigs downloaded per DAY. I can't imagine living with less. Even my smart phone is faster than many of the download speeds I hear about, and it also has unlimited data.

I think you guys need to organize a revolution against your ISPs, force them into the 21st century!

in the UK the vast majority of our wiring is still old telephone cables, so it's limited at that :(

Upvote 0
What the biggest problem in waiting for "the" fix is that by each day RO2 is loosing interest and new games keep coming, the competition becomes stronger so to keep the players on RO2 servers is getting more difficult.

When the game was released, the servers were full... 3-5 thousand players online during nights... now we usually have 600-1200.

However I agree that we should treat our bandwith limited comrades somehow, but at the same time I do fear that we are giving up too much for them!

Unless TWI plans to release an ultra nice DLC - maybe the rising storm mode? :) - to reposition the game again within the community.

Upvote 0