• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When does the next update come?

R3bel

Sep 15, 2011
Hi Guys!

I was wondering eventually when the normal release of the game will be updated. We have seen at least 4-5 patches to beta but not a single fix to the normal version in past few weeks.

There are these small bugs like warning message, I do not get why they did not fix it till now?

That is incorrect. We are looking to roll out the update for the live build in the next few weeks after we finalize some of the current items in the beta.

The reason we haven't pushed an update for the live build yet is because we did not want users to have to update multiple times with a several gig patch within a short period of time.

Upvote 0
That is incorrect. We are looking to roll out the update for the live build in the next few weeks after we finalize some of the current items in the beta.

The reason we haven't pushed an update for the live build yet is because we did not want users to have to update multiple times with a several gig patch within a short period of time.

Why do you think users would'nt prefer the idea of updating the game more frequently when they are left with these small bugs which ruin the game experience?

Upvote 0
Take a look at the Dungeon Defender forums. There are many people who can't afford to download multiple gigs several times a month, let alone possible once or more per week.

We will be able to use the new steam patching system soon that should greatly reduce our update size, but until then we can't update as much as we would like.

Upvote 0
Why do you think users would'nt prefer the idea of updating the game more frequently when they are left with these small bugs which ruin the game experience?

many users have already stated on these forums that they do not like high-frequency updates/ patches, often due to download limits etc.

Some people like regular updates, other people prefer less frequent, but more substantial updates.

TWI are not able to please everybody.

Upvote 0
Take a look at the Dungeon Defender forums. There are many people who can't afford to download multiple gigs several times a month, let alone possible once or more per week.

We will be able to use the new steam patching system soon that should greatly reduce our update size, but until then we can't update as much as we would like.

dude, the type of people who play dungeon defender are the type of people who have treadmill powered routers ...

Upvote 0
dude, the type of people who play dungeon defender are the type of people who have treadmill powered routers ...

Why do I get the idea that you have no idea what you're talking about?

It has nothing to do with routers, it has to do with the rediculous bandwidth restrictions ISP's in some countries enforce. Most of you enjoy an almost unlimited amount of gigabyte to download each month, with only a vague fair use policy to worry about.

Some get only a limited amount of gigabytes to download each month. Thus making downloading patches of several gigabyte very costly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do I get the idea that you have no idea what you're talking about?

It has nothing to do with routers, it has to do with the rediculous bandwidth restrictions ISP's in some countries enforce. Most of you enjoy an almost unlimited amount of gigabyte to download each month, with only a vague fair use policy to worry about.

Some get only a limited amount of gigabytes to download each month. Thus making downloading patches of several gigabyte very costly.

Going to jump in here. I have Comcast here in the States and they used to have unlimited downloading. Then one day they decided that a 250 gig cap was more than enough. You should have heard the uproar of protests from people who said that was just not fair.

It's been quite some time now and I haven't ever reached 1/2 of that downloading cap and I download all sorts of demos, betas, free movies and tv shows, etc.

So I hear you when your argument for not joining betas is bandwidth restrictions. I would not like having to figure out just what I could do without when there was something like this beta available.

Upvote 0
Why do I get the idea that you have no idea what a joke is?
:D

My apologies for my lack of humour, I didn't really consider it to be funny. Which is odd because I normally enjoy a good laugh.

Cliffs said:
It's been quite some time now and I haven't ever reached 1/2 of that downloading cap and I download all sorts of demos, betas, free movies and tv shows, etc.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not in a country where bandwidth restrictions apply. As I'm dutch, but I know a few Belgians which only have acces to ISPs that enforce bandwidth restrictions.

And 250 gig of bandwidth is more than enough for the majority out there, but there are some people that do require large amounts of bandwidth. Instead of treating them like customers, they would rather enforce a policy where you get cut off or being charged a price more expensive than is needed.

Also it's the sheer burden of having to keep account of your monthly spendage which makes it far less comfortable, and yet you pay a good amount of money to be able to use the service.

So I think that it's a good choice if TWI makes sure it doesn't provide another obstacle to those already burdened players.

Upvote 0
My apologies for my lack of humour, I didn't really consider it to be funny. Which is odd because I normally enjoy a good laugh.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not in a country where bandwidth restrictions apply. As I'm dutch, but I know a few Belgians which only have acces to ISPs that enforce bandwidth restrictions.

And 250 gig of bandwidth is more than enough for the majority out there, but there are some people that do require large amounts of bandwidth. Instead of treating them like customers, they would rather enforce a policy where you get cut off or being charged a price more expensive than is needed.

Also it's the sheer burden of having to keep account of your monthly spendage which makes it far less comfortable, and yet you pay a good amount of money to be able to use the service.

So I think that it's a good choice if TWI makes sure it doesn't provide another obstacle to those already burdened players.

Uggh ... got me ... right ... in the sense of humour ...

and, no, i'd rather have it rolled out in several gigabyte patches because i've been waiting since 2 weeks before release to play RO2 the way it's a beautiful game to play, and it's ready now but we're sat waiting. You must understand how much sadface that gives me. A lot of sadface. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Upvote 0
patience is a virtue.
i prefer a well tested, big update without game-breaking bugs to a series of small patches that sometimes introduce more problems than they solve.
sure it would be nice to already have some of the working refinements in the stock game, but yoshiro gave a reasonable explanation why they didn't roll out a patch yet and i can wait few more weeks.

Upvote 0