• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When does the next update come?

when was the last patch for the game (not the beta) released? january?
i'm a patient person, but it has been taking long enough already.
there are still so many bugs in the stock game that have been fixed in the beta, imo there should have been at least a small patch with some fixes and refinements in the meantime (choosable unlocks, being able to aim down the sights near a radio, the nagant-reload-bug, etc.).

Upvote 0
I guess its more about money than not wanting updates frequently. AFAIK Steam charges for every update you push?

2nd thing. People with limited / slow connections are kinda rare nowadays. I am sure that 80% of the community would want frequent updates rather than having buggy game for 6 months.

I really can't understand people with limited bandwidth connections nowadays. Don't they offer proper connections all over US and Europe nowadays.

Upvote 0
I really can't understand people with limited bandwidth connections nowadays. Don't they offer proper connections all over US and Europe nowadays.

No they don't, some places only have satellite internet available especially out in the countryside, either that or dial up. And a lot of those have limits on how much they can DL every day.

Upvote 0
Well with the huge gap between the last update to the main game and now, I think we can all manage a download or two.

Well yeah people with bad internet are just gonna have to DL the update over a pretty big period of time depending what their limits are. Later this year I'm going to be moving out into the country and the only internet they have out their is satellite which gives you terrible ping so you can't even play online really and there is a 450 MB limit on DLs for each day. So its gonna suck really bad.

Upvote 0
I don't think that small patches are possible at all. A lot of changed functionality will mean a new ROGame.exe. As a result each patch will at least have again a full ROGame.exe. Evenso did all the maps need to be rebuild. This means we will also need to reload each new map. They can't do it map by map, because then the old maps will become unplayable due to an already changed engine.

Upvote 0