• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Teamwork something-or-other

Teamwork something-or-other

• Great idea! My prayers are answered

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Dumb.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Don't need to. I can get on the 2nd FJ server any time I want.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Other, with comment.

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Catalavos

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore, MD
When it comes to teamwork, communication, using tactics and what-not, I'm all for it but my current limitations (no time for the commitment required of a clan, having to play on public servers, proximity of my computer to my wife's ears, etc...) make it real hard to play the game the way I really want to play it. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

So I got to thinking, would anyone be interested in creating a not-a-clan clan? Something that would combine the casual ease of public servers with a more mature approach to game play? Something that's password protected to exclude clowns? Maybe even on an un-ranked server?

I'm not trying to suggest that I have the time or resources to create something like this on my own because I have horrible management and organization skills but I'd be willing to make custom maps for it and show up to play most nights for a couple of hours.

Anyone else feel the same way?

When it comes to teamwork, communication, using tactics and what-not, I'm all for it but my current limitations (no time for the commitment required of a clan, having to play on public servers, proximity of my computer to my wife's ears, etc...) make it real hard to play the game the way I really want to play it. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

So I got to thinking, would anyone be interested in creating a not-a-clan clan? Something that would combine the casual ease of public servers with a more mature approach to game play? Something that's password protected to exclude clowns? Maybe even on an un-ranked server?

I'm not trying to suggest that I have the time or resources to create something like this on my own because I have horrible management and organization skills but I'd be willing to make custom maps for it and show up to play most nights for a couple of hours.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Been tried before for this game. More than once. But good luck with it.

PS - surprised you can run this game with 12MB of RAM. I struggled to play Jet Set Willy with that.:D

Upvote 0
Whatever commitments are needed depend on the sort of clan you join. If you play together from time to time with some people you know you could already call that a clan.

The difference could perhaps be with competitive clans, teams that basically aim at truly becoming better at playing the game, in order to win against other teams. But even more competitive clans come in very casual forms.

Heck pretty much all competitive clans died out already, and a lot of the groups/clans left most likely focus more on public play.

Upvote 0
I am all for the idea, however it still takes time and dedication from many people.

Iron Cresendo had a go at it but the dwelling population of RO2 didn't help that situation.

I think the best bet is for 1 person to have a teamspeak / Vent server posted on the forum with user and pass.

Everyone on teamspeak/vent is added as friends on steam so we see where and when who plays.

Be friendly, get to know each other.

Perhaps on boring work days make a thread and discuss strategies...

Very possible, it just has to be encouraged.

Basically, 2fgj should be more aggressive on this idea. It will solidify the bond between it's regulars.

(just my opinion on the matter) :eek:

Upvote 0
Omniconsumer I believe had something like this going on already.

Yes he does. 4F. (Thanks for the mention Oss ;))

I'm part of 4F which does pretty much what you're talking about Catalavos.

We've got something for just about every level of commitment. We regularly have friendly scrims with other clans or scrim ourselves, we get together at least 3 times a week (usually more than that) and we have members who just drop in when they feel like getting a game on. We offer focused training for those who want it, but it's not a necessity. Just as a heads up, we play Countdown and Territory.

Essentially there are few requirements to join. Just a desire for organized games with a high focus on teamwork and to agree to our Code of Conduct (pretty much agree to not be a total jerk). You don't have to make every single event to be a part of things.

While it's not required, having TeamSpeak 3 installed and a mic is a huge help when communicating, but we do use the in game VOIP as well when needed. (My computer is in close proximity to my wife's ears as well Cat, I won't always be talking :rolleyes:)

We have servers in Texas and New York, a TeamSpeak 3 server and we're always looking for new people to join. If you're interested in joining up, just add MowSkwoz to your friends list in Steam. This goes for anybody who's interested in this.

(I will ask, if you do friend me for this, when you see me on let me know that's why you did.)

Upvote 0
My -=FFR=- clan is like that, a pub server clan without commitment, but we have a more 4fun approach. Some people here might have already seen me or my friends in DH using a bazooka against infantry, ramming a tank against an enemy's or firing panzerfausts from a moving motorcycle on Arad Real Forests. We usually play on tank servers in RO1/DH as AT infantry. In RO2 we play normally like all the others, just with teamwork on TS3. I've played with these guys for five years, and I don't think I could've had as much fun as I have in a normal serious clan or as a lonewolf.

Upvote 0
Yes he does. 4F. (Thanks for the mention Oss ;))

I'm part of 4F which does pretty much what you're talking about Catalavos.

We've got something for just about every level of commitment. We regularly have friendly scrims with other clans or scrim ourselves, we get together at least 3 times a week (usually more than that) and we have members who just drop in when they feel like getting a game on. We offer focused training for those who want it, but it's not a necessity. Just as a heads up, we play Countdown and Territory.

Essentially there are few requirements to join. Just a desire for organized games with a high focus on teamwork and to agree to our Code of Conduct (pretty much agree to not be a total jerk). You don't have to make every single event to be a part of things.

While it's not required, having TeamSpeak 3 installed and a mic is a huge help when communicating, but we do use the in game VOIP as well when needed. (My computer is in close proximity to my wife's ears as well Cat, I won't always be talking :rolleyes:)

We have servers in Texas and New York, a TeamSpeak 3 server and we're always looking for new people to join. If you're interested in joining up, just add MowSkwoz to your friends list in Steam. This goes for anybody who's interested in this.

(I will ask, if you do friend me for this, when you see me on let me know that's why you did.)

I'm in. Sent you friend request on Steam.

Upvote 0
The main reason why people are mature in clans is because they want to be a part of something good. And they must be mature to enter and to stay in a clan. Clan members are forced to be mature, that's not something you can do on public servers. People do whatever they want, because they don't have limitations, or a danger of being kicked (unless they do something really stupid, like TK). It is a good idea, but the only people who could do that, and are mature enough to do so, are the ones on these forums... with a few exceptions. I'm not saying that there are no mature people. But many of them don't even check these forums anyway.

>>From what I've learned in my previous clan is that discipline must be forced on, and be learned either the hard way or the easy way.<<

I would completely adore teamwork. There's nothing better than going with your squad mates, getting in cover and watching each other's backs, while nailing enemies coming from all directions... It's just an amazing feeling of being surrounded by friendly, mature faces back to back. It gives a true immersion of war, and no 'Classic' mode would be required. I actually had moments like this in RO2, but it's just too rare to satisfy. If we really did have a server such as you mentioned, and people would cooperate - RO2 would be the best WW2 game for me. Oh wait, it is! But it would be even better, it would be something it was always meant to be.

^^^^
Anyone agrees?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most of the time when people are like minded, discipline isn't forced on, I agree. But when a clan is putting lots of effort into getting new people, they force them to play the same way the clan does. If anyone likes the way a clan plays, he's welcomed, if not - rejected.

My previous clan worked this way. And even though many players we're not welcomed, because of their different behaviour than ours, we had the cooperation that we desired.

It was a SWAT4 clan, not sure if you know the game, but it worked. And it could work now in RO2, but no clan is willing to do this, beacuase they would lose a lot of players.

Upvote 0
Correct me if wrong; but didnt RO1 had this TeamTanker thing? People would add a 'TT' tag on their name, so other people would see and know that you're a Team Tanker (having actually multiple players in your tank instead of solo'ing it)

This idea could perhaps work for RO2 - not just tanks, but gameplay in general, on any public server. Maybe 'TP', TeamPlayer? And it doesn't have to be a clan on itself. Just an extra tag people can add to their name.

RO2 got a solid ViOP system to work with. Imagine you're hiding in a building because you're getting hit by arty or a sniper as spotted you, and a TP-guy walk in your room. You think; hey, this is a guy I can actually work it, and not just another random rambo running around. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0