• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game worth buying?

Tokugawa77

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
I'm still deciding whether or not to purchase this game from steam for $40. I love WW2 and tactical shooters in general, but my main concerns from stuff i've read online are prevelent glitches and a lack of players online, the latter problem probably being more of an issue. So simply put, is the game worth getting for $40?

i would recommend you stay tuned for our upcoming free weekend we have planned. Then you can decide for yourself. Details will be forthcoming in the near future.

!!!

:IS2:

That's great news.

In all seriousness, though, the game is getting better and better. Classic Mode is a real tactical multiplayer shooter that makes the game shine, and many of the bugs are fixed. It's not a perfect game, but with performance improvements and new content on the horizon, I'd keep an eye on RO2. The free weekend would be a great time to try it out. As for player counts, there aren't as many players around as we'd like, but the game's far from empty--from a glance at the server browser in Steam there are about 12 servers between half full and completely full.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm still deciding whether or not to purchase this game from steam for $40. I love WW2 and tactical shooters in general, but my main concerns from stuff i've read online are prevelent glitches and a lack of players online, the latter problem probably being more of an issue. So simply put, is the game worth getting for $40?

Would I pay $40 for this game? No I certainly would not.

I strongly advise you wait for the free weekend.

Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0

Yes, definitely yes, Yoshiro didn't get his pills, don't listen him. :D This is the best multiplayer game so far. But you should play initially in beta, it is the most advanced version of the game. Tripwire is going to push a big update to rule the world, in the next few weeks, I hope.

Upvote 0
Since they are doing a free weekend they will most likely be doing a discount at the same time, maybe 50-75% off. Plus its better to get people who are interested to join game at that time when classic is out, there will be more players, fewer bot servers, more server options (maybe even some CD?). New players will get a much better impression and be more likely to stay with the game

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it's worth is. Game is awesome! BUT may not be worth is this second. Def go on the "add to wish list" Play the free weekend. Make a judgement call. Which I can tell I do love the game, just lack of players so You probably won't be disappointed if you buy it...but wait for a deal or free weekend.

Upvote 0
Actually, its still worth the $40 and with some of the updates it will be even better.

Only drawback right now is that there aren't as many players as we all hoped there would be. Still full servers and partially filled ones though. Hopefully the free weekend and updates draws a lot more players.
But that's why it's not worth $40 in my book.

The lack of players means often you gotta play with at least some bots, only one gamemode is played, and you play with the same players over and over and over again on mainly one server. If you don't get good ping on that one always populated server, then you're out of luck.

Additionally, the only way I can play RO2 is with RO Classic mode, and with the current player numbers I have my doubts that there will be a solid population with which to play when it releases.

Unless the there is a really sizable bump in player numbers soon, I just can't recommend the game at its current $40 price tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0

Buy it, it's fun.

Upvote 0
Wait for free weekend. Make up your mind then. Would I tell you to spend the money right now? NO. BUT I will say this, TWI is the ONLY modern gaming company that still adheres to the old school way of supporting their products. An on that strength I would say that it is money that would be well spent. Yes TWI put their foot in their mouth with the crappy release and crappy game direction. But in Classic TWI fashion they are working their butts off to give us the game that was promised.

Upvote 0