• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

most teams do not even try to win

Sure, if you want to lose a map, use "wikipedia" derived tactics. Wait for all 12 guys in your platoon to get into a lose line with 5m spacing. Start marching down the road slowly, using your point-man to spot enemy positions and call them back to the platoon so you can set-up the appropriate MG position/ enveloping fire and cover squad advances on the enemy.

Meanwhile, the other team have spawned a bunch of dudes who have sprinted to the cap-zone, taken it and are scurrying about behind you taking the next cap. 30 seconds later, the map ends.

There just isn't time in the game for the employment of "real" tactics. All you can do, is employ in-game teamwork, tailored for the game environment - not stolen from a Wikipedia article that applies in a completely different context, that being the real world.

Alternatively:
Maybe people just don't give a crap about "tactics"?
Game: entertainment.
War: not so much.

Game: die, respawn.
War: die.......

Pinning and flanking work very well in this game, it works very well in any game. Have a couple guys keep an enemy position busy while a small team hits the flanks. try it. it works. I can tell you as an MG guy in this game, it's very critical that I find fields of fire that cut off enemy reinforcements or keep them from sticking their heads out of windows and doors so people can advance. Real world tactics work in shooter games.

Upvote 0
A lot of people (in all games, not just this one) just have a hardcoded viewpoint on what THE WAY to win is and will just not accept any nuance or situational consideration into their viewpoint. Sometimes having the entire team running towards the cap zone like headless chickens with no regard for their own well being is the right move. Sometimes though it isn't.

Case in point: I've had a bunch of maps where there has been the usual guy on voice screaming at everyone to just rush the cap zone. However even when we lose because we ran out of reinforcements while the defenders still had 100+ men left, these guys sometimes continue to scream "You losers, we lost because I was the only one attacking!"

These guys clearly have no situational awareness. In those instances in fact, we lost because everyone was "attacking" (ie, dying) with absolutely no regard as to weather they were ever actually killing anyone.

Obviously the reverse situation plays out as well, but its not very often you have somebody on voice saying "we need more snipers."

Upvote 0
A lot of people (in all games, not just this one) just have a hardcoded viewpoint on what THE WAY to win is and will just not accept any nuance or situational consideration into their viewpoint. Sometimes having the entire team running towards the cap zone like headless chickens with no regard for their own well being is the right move. Sometimes though it isn't.

Case in point: I've had a bunch of maps where there has been the usual guy on voice screaming at everyone to just rush the cap zone. However even when we lose because we ran out of reinforcements while the defenders still had 100+ men left, these guys sometimes continue to scream "You losers, we lost because I was the only one attacking!"

These guys clearly have no situational awareness. In those instances in fact, we lost because everyone was "attacking" (ie, dying) with absolutely no regard as to weather they were ever actually killing anyone.

Obviously the reverse situation plays out as well, but its not very often you have somebody on voice saying "we need more snipers."

One of my points
I could not have said it better
the cap and point system doesnt help the game play it hurts it
You see people with scores like 2 kills and 200 points
because the just run to caps zones
i even seen people with -3 kills and 157 points
I also seen people with 36 kills and 35 points
you tell me what player is playing to win

Upvote 0
I wouldn't blame the entire team, but the few people who don't seem to grasp the concept of the game. When you're playing as the attacking team, literally everyone has to move as one in order to cap an objective. You can't just sit still in a window and rack up kills. Spartanovka is a good example of this. Even when you've got a good commander and squad leaders all using VOIP, there is only so much they can do to get the ball rolling. All you need to do is follow your squad leader and anyone who you can see is in your squad. Most of the time though, I've noticed that quite a few people just stay in the church. Why? The church doesn't even have a good view of the fighting and its very rare that you will actually score kills there anyway seeing as the defending team will be in the cap zone nearly all the time. The only people who should really be staying in the church are snipers...

When you're in defense, its a little more reasonable to camp. But even then, you need to make sure you're in a capzone. You're rewarded more points and chances are, you'll get more kills.

Upvote 0
One of my points
I could not have said it better
the cap and point system doesnt help the game play it hurts it
You see people with scores like 2 kills and 200 points
because the just run to caps zones
i even seen people with -3 kills and 157 points
I also seen people with 36 kills and 35 points
you tell me what player is playing to win

The guy with more points is playing to win. Capping is the hardest thing to do. "Flanking", "suppressing" and other bull**** terms for CAMPING is not playing to win. On most maps only the MGs and the sniper shouldn't be preocupated with the capping, all others, including Commander should.

The points system is very well made, one of the few things very well made on this game.

Upvote 0
The guy with more points is playing to win. Capping is the hardest thing to do. "Flanking", "suppressing" and other bull**** terms for CAMPING is not playing to win. On most maps only the MGs and the sniper shouldn't be preocupated with the capping, all others, including Commander should.

The points system is very well made, one of the few things very well made on this game.

Flanking is a legitimate and effective strategy, for example in Spartanovka as Axis it is most effective to use spawn 2 both when taking housing block 1 and 2 because you can get to the cap much faster and much less exposed to enemy fire than when spawning on spawn 1 (you can actually measure the standard of your team by seeing how many use spawn 2 for those two caps). But I do agree with you in general that a lot of players use the term as an excuse to just crawl out to one side of the map and stay there for random sniping.

Upvote 0
Flanking is a legitimate and effective strategy, for example in Spartanovka as Axis it is most effective to use spawn 2 both when taking housing block 1 and 2 because you can get to the cap much faster and much less exposed to enemy fire than when spawning on spawn 1 (you can actually measure the standard of your team by seeing how many use spawn 2 for those two caps). But I do agree with you in general that a lot of players use the term as an excuse to just crawl out to one side of the map and stay there for random sniping.

You guys do understand that being beyond the cap behind the enemy is not camping ; RIGHT

Upvote 0
simply put, for me.

The game doesnt feel right.

for example, defending, i dont truly feel like im defending. This is the same problem ive been having with alot of games lately. It doesnt feel like these so called "defensive positions" were actually made to be defensible. it feels more like the artists created these positions rather than experienced military personnel setting up positions that can be defensible. As if no matter where your defending, at any minute you can be ganked from at least 3 other positions. This is why i have a bad habit of holding back all the time, because i know the likelyhood of surviving after i make my way to another "defensive position"

same goes with attacking, i dont feel like im attacking, there doesnt seem to be any real gratifying feel to it, rather that im just running in blasting away, and waiting for this big position to be taken over. Theres no direct object or location that needs to be taken, rather its this vast local.

so to me defending doesnt feel like defending and attacking doesnt feel like attacking. what i would love is for the developers to get actual military personnel to come in and rework the layout of what should or shouldnt be considered defensive and offensive positions, because alot of times i feel like even some of the cap points feel pointless, like there would be no strategic value in taking some positions (C in fallen fighters).

Upvote 0
if i ever made a tactical fps, i would not even record ones kills or deaths. instead i would only record their win/loss ratio. That way if people are going to farm something, they'll farm wins (which is generally harder than farming kills).

simply put, for me.

The game doesnt feel right.

for example, defending, i dont truly feel like im defending. This is the same problem ive been having with alot of games lately. It doesnt feel like these so called "defensive positions" were actually made to be defensible. it feels more like the artists created these positions rather than experienced military personnel setting up positions that can be defensible. As if no matter where your defending, at any minute you can be ganked from at least 3 other positions. This is why i have a bad habit of holding back all the time, because i know the likelyhood of surviving after i make my way to another "defensive position"

well said.

this is exactly how i feel. defending doesnt feel like im defending, it just feels like im stalling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe its because

1: Killing is more worth your time because of the following 2 reaons

2: Not everyone has a pc mic.

3: Unorganized chat window, you cant properly organize stuff. I wish you could set chat to stay there forever and be much more readable, and only be able to talk to your team

Chat: Guys go west side
Chat: WEST SIDE EVERYBODY
Chat: west side is good, flank east if you can to trick them
Chat: capping
Chat: WOOT gj everyone

But no its

pew pew pew
pew pew pew
aiming at someone so they ignore chat
pew pew pew
run run
die

Upvote 0
I'm a lead farmer mother ****er!

robertdowneyjrf.jpg

Upvote 0
i also considered another reason

i came to this conclusion playing the beta

in the normal game im getting around 25-40 fps, in the beta im getting 44-70+ consistently. and in the beta i was able to move around alot aim well and place my shots better, overall i had much smoother gameplay.

i dont feel confident running through hallways and going into the fray with lower fps as it effects aiming speed and precision smoothness for my shots. that coupled with the other stuff i mentioned before makes it all the more worthwhile to sit back and take pot shots at enemies as the fps hit wont have as much impact on my gameplay from further away from the action.

basically the lower fps stunts my confidence at being able to hit a damn thing.

Upvote 0