• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just Ordered The Game Cheap $18.99

BigGun

Oct 25, 2011
Been a huge fan of RO1 for at least 3 years now and recently built my new computer so I could play this and Cliffs of Dover. I realize there have been troubles with both of these games but I have faith that they will be improved in time. I couldn't pass up the price today on Amazon and finally ordered it. Looking foward to seeing all of you in my sights:)

recently built my new computer so I could play this and Cliffs of Dover.

That sucks because you built an expensive computer to play two abominations of once great series.

And no, Cliffs of Dover is long gone because of wasted time and no Dynamic Campaign. HOS on the other hand has a chance but that is a long shot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO2 isn't very fun, and it doesn't work very well.

Cliffs of Dover turns into a slide show when a few bullets hit water or when I fly over a city. My PC isn't fast, but it isn't slow either: GTX 560ti 2GB, AMD 965, 8GB DDR2. Maybe if I turn all of the settings down I might be able to get away with a stable 20 frame rates, but that is too low for such a game...

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Cliffs of Dover turns into a slide show when a few bullets hit water or when I fly over a city. My PC isn't fast, but it isn't slow either: GTX 560ti 2GB, AMD 965, 8GB DDR2. Maybe if I turn all of the settings down I might be able to get away with a stable 20 frame rates, but that is too low for such a game...

CLoD is amazing. You should be able to run it better on your system. Try reducing setting to medium (stil great visuals) and, most importantly remove/ rename the intro video (splash screen) - see how to do this at the bottom of the thread here:

http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1402775.htm

Upvote 0
CLoD is amazing.

Eh, have you even played the game? It is a horrible optimized game with terrible AI, no Dynamic Campaign, Terrible UI, Every bug known to man, and they are going to charge you for the next patch (aka their ****ty Eastern Front expansion).

You may be the only person in the world that actually likes this game that sullied that sullied the IL 2 series. It's like they weren't even working on the game for the half decade that they had it. No one should ever be tempted into buying that game. Flopped worse then ROHOS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO2 isn't very fun, and it doesn't work very well.

Fun is subjective, and maxed out ro2 runs at 50-60 fps for me and hasnt crashed in months. CLOD is also maxed out running at 40-60 gps depending on location/action.

GTX 560 TI twin frozr, i52500k @ 4.8, 8 gigs of ram.

Don't spew your personal problems around making it seem like its the product, RO2 isn't what we expected and CLOD was a mess at launch but both are greatly improved/improving.

Upvote 0
Ahh, that's a shame. You would have been better served getting the game at launch when people were actually playing it.

It's a bit of a ghost town right now (and will likely be for the foreseeable future). Depending on where you are you might have trouble finding populated servers. Being in Croatia there is about one server that is almost continually at near capacity (64 players) without being full of bots.

Also, given the price you paid and the lack of active community there is right now, I'd say you were ripped off.

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Fun is subjective, and maxed out ro2 runs at 50-60 fps for me and hasnt crashed in months. CLOD is also maxed out running at 40-60 gps depending on location/action.

GTX 560 TI twin frozr, i52500k @ 4.8, 8 gigs of ram.

Don't spew your personal problems around making it seem like its the product, RO2 isn't what we expected and CLOD was a mess at launch but both are greatly improved/improving.

Personal problems my - what a terrible answer. Maybe when TWI fixes the server browser in RO2 I will change my tone. They had it fixed for a few weeks then a patch screwed it up again. Even if I wanted to play the game, I have to wait until a friend on Steam is playing it, right click join server. Or I can manually type in a server address every time I want to play, though I will have no idea what map, players, ping, settings it has. I've changed video card drivers, video cards, and routers and this issue still exists.

As for CloD, yes I can turn the settings down to the lowest, but the fact that you can go from 50 to 7-8 frame rates from 5-7 machinegun/cannon rounds hitting water is poor optimization.

Last edited:
Upvote 0