• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hero weapons for RS

They need to have the Rising Model 50....Used excessively in the Pacific front and very similar to the Thompson...
DO IT!
They did'nt add the PPS43 to the game which made absolutely no sense considering it was produced in Stalingrad during the battle of Stalingrad...so they probably wont add the model 50 either...

Upvote 0
They need to have the Rising Model 50....Used excessively in the Pacific front and very similar to the Thompson...
DO IT!
They did'nt add the PPS43 to the game which made absolutely no sense considering it was produced in Stalingrad during the battle of Stalingrad...so they probably wont add the model 50 either...
My understanding of the M50 was that it was considered absolute rubbish and "lost" wherever possible. After Guadalcanal it rarely saw service, replaced by the M1 Carbine.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
Ive always thought the hero weapons would make more sense if they were selectable "battlefield upgrades" i.e. Jap rifleman hero could spawn with an m1 carbine. I know people hate the availability of enemy weaponry, but to me it makes more sense that a grizzled "hero" would want what he knows is a more reliable and overall better weapon, than some unreliable prototype or experimental weapon. Unless under direct orders I would want to drop my arisaka lickety split if I saw a Thompson or garand sitting there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive always thought the hero weapons would make more sense if they were selectable "battlefield upgrades" i.e. Jap rifleman hero could spawn with an m1 carbine. I know people hate the availability of enemy weaponry, but to me it makes more sense that a grizzled "hero" would want what he knows is a more reliable and overall better weapon, than some unreliable prototype or experimental weapon. Unless under direct orders I would want to drop my arisaka lickety split if I saw a Thompson or garand sitting there.

We all have our own preferences, I suppose, but I for one would be wary about picking up a weapon I don't know how to use and that I may not be able to obtain more ammunition for.

The Type 100 SMG is confirmed in-game (the in-game model was shown a while back) so that is likely to be the Japanese Hero weapon. As long as it's in small numbers, that seems like an adequate choice given the close-range dominance the Marines and US Army will have otherwise.

As for the Americans, they have plenty of choices that are reliable and non-experimental... the M1912 Trench Gun, M1928 Thompson with a 50-round drum magazine... the Marines and US Army have no shortage of fine and effective weaponry.

Upvote 0

No the PPS42 was produced in LENINgrad during the seige. Then in 1943 they adapted the old model and created the PPS43.

My understanding of the M50 was that it was considered absolute rubbish and "lost" wherever possible. After Guadalcanal it rarely saw service, replaced by the M1 Carbine.

Sounds like the G41(W) of the Americans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_revolver

I think this is the revolver marines used early in the war. If I'm not mistaken it wouldn't even be rare, given the fact that marines were always the last to receive up-to-date small arms. At any rate, which ever revolver is used in Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault is the one I'm talking about.

I think it would be common enough to include but rare enough to be a hero weapon. Also, it would remind me of The Pacific.

Upvote 0