• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DP28 Barrel

This is kind of funny because I remember someone one the suggestion forum demanding that the DP 28 come with extra barrels even though he was told it would be historically inaccurate and impossible to change in battle. He claimed it was a huge balance issue.

So 12 pans huh? Good work, I like the DP.

Upvote 0
This is kind of funny because I remember someone one the suggestion forum demanding that the DP 28 come with extra barrels even though he was told it would be historically inaccurate and impossible to change in battle. He claimed it was a huge balance issue.

So 12 pans huh? Good work, I like the DP.

The DP-28 actually does have a relatively quick barrel change... it was just so seldom needed that Russian light machine gun teams were rarely issued a spare barrel to begin with. So no, not a balance issue. :p

Upvote 0
dp28 =\= dpm.

The DPM is identical to the DP28 in most respects--the biggest changes were:

--extended reciever at the rear of the DPM to accomodate a recoil spring behind the bolt
--improved bipod in response to many battlefield complaints about the DP28's
--pistol grip

The barrel change was the same as the DP28's.

As can be seen from the picture below, the barrel change mechanism is identical. The button on the left side of the reciever is present on both designs, and the barrels are interchangeable between the two weapons.

DPM042.jpg

Upvote 0