• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to RO:HoS

So, I plan on getting a copy of this awesome looking game real soon. I was wondering if anyone here has any tips to help me start out? I have always been a fan of anything WWII related, so this is a neat for me. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you on the battlefield!

So, I plan on getting a copy of this awesome looking game real soon. I was wondering if anyone here has any tips to help me start out? I have always been a fan of anything WWII related, so this is a neat for me. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you on the battlefield!

Study the maps, be aggressive, help to take cap zones, get proficient with the bolt action rifles first, and don't be discouraged if you get your butt kicked alot at first.

Upvote 0
i recommend starting with the singleplayer campaign, there are useful tutorials introducing the game mechanics and you can get a good preview of the map layouts (although the capzones are different in mp).
when starting multiplayer don't despair if you are killed a lot in the beginning, you'll need some experience to know where the enemy usually hangs around.
try relaxed realism, you can see the positions from where you have been killed in this mode.
stick to your teammates, try to get into the capzones, find cover, change your position often. after a few hoursyou should get the hang of it.

Upvote 0

help taking the objectives , more kills inside objective = more points = faster leveling = role leveling . the key is in killing ppl inside objective and taking the objectives :) enjoy

Upvote 0
So you plan???

Buy it first, you'll never look back.... then ask your questions here after experiencing the game. Its a great game in any flavor. ;)

Yeah. I'm hoping to pick it up today, it the gamestop in town isn't closed. I called them yesterday and asked if they would be open today, it being easter and all, and they said yes. So, planning on picking it up today!

Upvote 0
help taking the objectives , more kills inside objective = more points = faster leveling = role leveling . the key is in killing ppl inside objective and taking the objectives :) enjoy

There's a lot more to it than just that. The key is the above if you just want to focus on leveling up your character..... but the real key is using your head.

Upvote 0
My philosophy is to always play slow. Any game is always more fun the longer you stay alive, so start prioritizing your gamer mentality to favor survival. Always be on the safe side and if you're in a 50/50 battle and you have the choice to keep shooting or take cover/switch positions, FLEE!!! You can always pop back up a few seconds later and surprise him.

-Also wait for your targets to stop and then shoot them (doesn't reveal your position until you can get a guaranteed kill)

Upvote 0

I couldn't have said it better myself! I am new as well, and plan to buy the game real soon!! ;)

Upvote 0

Dude I couldn't have said it better myself!! I am new to the game, always been fascinated by WW2 in general (my grandpa fought in North Africa, we are italian) and plan on getting it reeal soon! ;)

Upvote 0
If you happen to get the retail version, it does include a free copy of Ostfront. Additionally, if you have Killing Floor (Tripwire's great zombie shooter), then you'll unlock two WWII skins for that game.

Hope you enjoy the game. As others have noted, patience is quite important. You want to play in a deliberate, team-oriented manner once you start to get the hang of the maps. Best wishes.

Upvote 0