• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Crewmen Spawning

Calumhm

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Plymouth, England
Forgive me if this has been discussed, I've been around for a long while and not seen any threads on the matter:

Tank Crewmen. Why, when the tank has already spawned, can a new crewman not take over a Bot crewman's role, and spawn inside the tank?

No other class has to wait for someone to die before they can spawn!

I tried to play the Arad 2 with my mates a few days ago,.... and it was not very fun because of the stupid crewsystem. And after a member of the crew dies, he has to wait till the whole tank is detroyed. :rolleyes:

But i hope we will get the old system back in Classicmode where you spawned as a crewman with a pistol and where you was able to get in/out of the tanks.

Tripwire said that it is lame when the player jumpes out of tanks before it gets destroyed,.... but the current system is 10 times lamer in my opinion.

Regards Culti

Upvote 0
It'd be fine, not to mention pretty awesome, if the current "Scuttle" sytem was rephrased as "Press K to bail out", with the result being that your surviving crew members open their hatches before your screen fades black and you return to the respawn screen.

To your opponent, your tank's hatches would just open and the crew inside would fade away, leaving the tank sitting there 'abandoned' until it despawned.

Given the not-altogether-justified animation effort it would take to actually animate crew members exiting the vehicle, this would be a perfectly acceptable compromise to me. I know some tankers are particularly avid about leaving their tanks, though, and this probably would not satisfy them a great deal... ah well.

Upvote 0
It'd be fine, not to mention pretty awesome, if the current "Scuttle" sytem was rephrased as "Press K to bail out", with the result being that your surviving crew members open their hatches before your screen fades black and you return to the respawn screen.

That DOES sound cool... and seeing as hatch-opening animations already exist, it wouldn't be a lot of effort. But then again, I imagine it'd be pretty low-priority even if TWI liked the idea.

Upvote 0