• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will bots always be allowed on ranked servers?

oh no, Mike has waylaid the thread and sucked us into another pointless argument, damn this guy's good. I name thee TrollMaster, keeper of the locked thread.

You ain't too bad yerself there Heku....

We were talking about bots until the thread was hijacked by two other guys..... not I. I merely replied.

I still believe bots should or should not be used at the discretion of the ADMIN/Server Owner.

Upvote 0
lnbtB.png

Upvote 0
You cannot reasonably compare the number of bots present in OST/DH to those present in RO2. Not at any point in their history has the ratio of bots to humans been comparable to that of RO2 currently.

Ah well, I've got some shocking statistics to post!

As of 1am GMT, thursday. (not the best time to actually find these statistics out I might add)
37% of the players listed in the steam browser for RO:OST are actual players. (54 players, 89 Bots)
31% of the players listed in the steam browser for RO2 are actualy players. (356 players, 779 bots)

So they are comparible. Pretty close in-fact.

Fuck. Wish it wasn't quite like this, but that's what we've got, no point dwelling on it. Move on!

While bots can be usefull for getting servers going, the sheer amount that some servers have makes them a mild anoyance rather than the tool for getting players on, and their predictable nature and un-willingness to fire from anywhere that isn't a covernode (not that they can't, just they prefer to) makes them somewhat simple to flank and get easy points against.
However, I could settle with bot kills giving 30% of the points given for when the player kills a human, to make bot-farming a less attractive option.

Upvote 0
Admins and players are to blame, imo. Some admins run far too many bots and some players can't be bothered to play on a server has but one bot on it.

A server running 50 bots is not the same thing as the same size server running 8 bots or less. And for someone not to join a server with 5 players and two bots just because it has two bots is just as extreme as the admin running 50 bots. If just two "I hate bots" players joined that server, there would be know bots to hate. Both give the other a bad name.

I think Raneman is second person in all my years on this forum to earn a spot on the my CP ignore list..... Its apparent his forum posts can be just as annoying as his whine is on a server.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: TrOOper and r5cya
Upvote 0
Admins and players are to blame, imo. Some admins run far too many bots and some players can't be bothered to play on a server has but one bot on it.

A server running 50 bots is not the same thing as the same size server running 8 bots or less. And for someone not to join a server with 5 players and two bots just because it has two bots is just as extreme as the admin running 50 bots. If just two "I hate bots" players joined that server, there would be know bots to hate. Both give the other a bad name.

I think Raneman is second person in all my years on this forum to earn a spot on the my CP ignore list..... Its apparent his forum posts can be just as annoying as his whine is on a server.....:rolleyes:
great post.

Upvote 0
OK, whoops. That doesn't really affect this thread, though, or the issue of the bots-to-player ratio in Red Orchestra 2, a game which has been out for 7 months.

edit: wait, out of 96 players I could only see 8 bots. How did you determine this 10:1 ratio? Again, it doesn't matter either way, because we shouldn't be talking about mods for the 6-year-old predecessor to the current game in the series.

The guy doesn't care for facts, he follows my posts and has a dig wherever he feels he can. Maybe one day he'll realize he's on my ignore list and save himself the effort :)

Upvote 0
An interesting statistic that I feel would be more relevant than just player:bot ratio would be how spread out the players are. It's probably not as bad as it used to be but I still still quite a lot of 1/64(or whatever) servers where it's just one guy farming bots all day long. That's something you wont ever see in RO1 or DH

Upvote 0