• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Community Tool] RO2 Cache Extractor and Downloader

This fabulous tool NEEDS A STICKY please :IS2:

loop-36623f6.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I can't get the tool to work. I installed it as administrator as told in the handy youtube fragment, but when I go to the download tab, there are no servers available. I get an error message saying (in Dutch):

Item already added. Key in Dictionarry:
Ro2CacheExtractor.IniParser+SectionPair Key that is being added:
Ro2CacheExtractor.IniParser+SectionPair

Also, I use Mozilla Firefox instead if Internet Explorer. I know I had to change something on steam to see update news in the steam browsers as I use Firefox and not IE. Maybe I need to do something for this tool to?

Thanks in advance

Lord Lovat

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0
I only did it to try and help people get the custom maps down a bit "easier" and then hopefully more people will be willing to play them :)

I hope....

Installed & downloading maps now... thanks, seems to download a lot quicker and more effectively than though the game. :IS2:

My problem was always with trying to skim through pages-long threads about the various custom maps and ensuring I'm clicking on the latest file to download, where some of the links no longer work.... this at least shows me which maps are currently being run on some servers and I can just click & download them.

Good job..... now I can actually play some of these maps for once :p

Though I did try the very first version of Ogledow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried it. Downloaded a couple custom maps. Fired up RO2 and no difference. Still took forever to download the same maps.:confused:

You sure you got the right folder Paths? Something like this:
C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\CookedPC

Are you sure you downloaded the same version that was used at the server? You could have downloaded TE-Butovo B7 and the server used an older version, like TE-Butovo B6. Then you would have to download the older one.

Upvote 0
There are multiple servers you can download from. As the maps are released. It useally takes a few hours before they are on the downloader and then some more hours before playing on servers.

This is the current map list:

CURRENT MAP VERSION LIST
Arad2 Tanks B4
Bridges of Druzhina B3
Butuvo B7
ColdSteel B10
DieBresche B5
Gumrakstation B4
Kursk B1
Ogledow_B13
Otrpy3ka B2
Provkhoy B2A
Univermag B2

You should join the Custom maps group -In my Signature.
There you will get announcements of new updates and maps and the list to use as a referance.

Upvote 0
If you don't load the map and you download it instead in the game, you are doing things wrong.

Check your configuration in the RO2 Downloader tool, it must be like this:

Path to MyGames Cache folder:
C:\Users\UsernameHere\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Cache

Path to MyGames CookedPC folder:
C:\Users\UsernameHere\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\CookedPC

If these folders name and path do not match and/or do not exist, this is your problem.

Once you downloaded the maps launch the game (if the game is launched when you download maps with the tool, this is another thing you're doing wrong) and when you connect to a server with the downloaded map it just load like an original map.. with CUSTOM MAP in the map name.

Upvote 0
The names in the path match perfectly. The map that I extract ends up in the maps folder in the cookedpc directory. Nothing goes into the cache directory. Then I go to the selection of maps in the RO2 game menu and choose the map from the server I just downloaded it from and it did download quickly BUT only once. When the maps rotated around and came back to the same one it started to take forever again to download.

Update... it seems to be working now. I have used the extractor prog for 2 maps and have downloaded them thru the Ro2 map menu and they came up quickly several times. That never happened b4. I'm gonna extract another map and try to run that thru the RO2 menu whenever it becomes available. If it works then I'm a believer and I congratulate and thank Lord Gleedo for his efforts. Maps that had taken ~20 mins to download now apparently take less than a minute.

Update 2... Was working earlier 2 day. Not working now. Its drivin me nutz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Worked for me .
The only thing is that when i open the cache extractor ..in the "maps" field i see only the ones downloaded in the game ...the ones downloaded with the extractor seems not to be shown there..
BUt they are in the game ..so for me is only a problem of a little bug ...and i can play them without downloading in RO2

Nice work !

Upvote 0